Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Big Block Olds...using Ford rockers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Seepwater, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Seepwater

Seepwater

I've seen several web articles on using 302 rockers on BBO heads. I know I'd have to redrill and thread for the Ford studs but wouldn't the base of the stud make the rocker sit up about a 1/4" higher? None of the articles I've read have said anything about either cutting the head surface down to accommodate this or what push rods would be used.

Anyone ever do this or can anyone send me to a site that gives the full story????

Thanks

2. 48stude

48stude

Back in the mid seventies I used BBC studs and the stud bosses had to be machined . I don't remember any dimensions. I'm assuming that we are talking 455 cu. in . I done this to a W-30 . Bill

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  3. I forget what Tony's HAMB name (owner at Ross Racing Engines) is GOATROPER02. He would know the ins & outs on what works.

4. catdad49

catdad49

Seep, check with Mondello's. They used to do a lot of Olds engines.

OLSKOOL57 likes this.

5. Gerrys

Gerrys

Summit has several kits that fit Olds, Ford and AMC 1.6 ratio

from their question on them
    I ordered the Edelbrock 60519 cylinder heads for my Olds 455.
    Plus the rocker arms Comp Cams 17044-16.
    The rocker arms are at the bottom of the studs. The pushrod is 9,800 in. Do you have any idea?

Asked by PASCAL on January 02, 2019

A:
    You need to check and make sure you are using the correct length push rods with the combination of parts that you are using.

JAMIE from SC answered on January 09, 2019

Answer This Question

Q:
    Do these come with the polylocks or do you have to order a set seperate. If you have to order seperate, part #? Thanks!
    Asked by NICK on October 04, 2018

A:
    Thank you for your question. Polylock style rocker arm nuts are included with COMP Cams 17044-16 High Energy rocker arms.

[​IMG]Summit Racing Answer - October 05, 2018

Answer This Question

Q:
    will these rockers work on stock olsmobile valve covers?
    Asked by THOMAS on May 06, 2018

A:
    Thank you for your question. COMP Cams roller rocker arms 17044-16 require taller than stock valve covers.

[​IMG]Summit Racing Answer - September 27, 2018