Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Dirt Drags 2019 Monte Vista CO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by winduptoy, May 29, 2019.

1. I keep looking for pics of the run we made together. I think those two cars side-by-side would be a damned cool photo! :)

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks quite a bit bigger crowd than last year. Looks like a good time was had :)

Animal and j3harleys like this.
  3. Thank you to everyone who came out to the show and all these wonderful photos, it was a GREAT event this year!! We are grateful for all the support!

southpaw-customs, Jet96 and j3harleys like this.
  4. We do our best to include the locals, not all of them have early Hot Rods. ;-)
    It all about having a good time!

Animal, j3harleys and Tim like this.
  5. Thanks for coming out, you must have run 20 tanks of fuel through that old Ford this weekend, glad you enjoyed the event and appreciate the 10/10 !

hotrodman303, j3harleys and Jakes38 like this.
  6. Great collection of cars.
    What is the cut-off normally?
    Hats off to the promoters for not turning the o/t's away!

winduptoy and j3harleys like this.
  7. I would like to thank everyone involved for their hard work and great attitude. I realize how difficult it must be to drag everything across mountain passes to get here, then put on an event of this magnitude in a rural setting. As a local who has spent over thirty years promoting and putting on gearhead-related events to benefit the local community and it's residents, I salute you !

On top of that, I had a wonderful weekend. The '56 got good and dirty, I got good and sunburned, and I met a bunch of damned cool people.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  8. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to meet you. Glad you made it....

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. I just discovered this, thanks for the great coverage. Dare to dream that we could pull something like this off some day.

10. j3harleys

j3harleys

It's not going happening in Monte Visa any more:( It was moved last year but was canceled and it' not going to happen this year:( It was one of my favorite events:) Have to wait and see what Mike decides.