Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chewing the fat about buying parts or projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, May 26, 2019.

1. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

As a 'some-times vendor' I've learned the value of "bright/shiny/unusual" on prominent display, usually with a "high-end" posted price : If they stop & look at that item, it opens the door for conversation(where I can give them a 'real' price if they are actually interested), but they usually look at the rest of my space & wind up buying something else.

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I went to an estate sale a week ago Saturday and items priced reasonably. I went Saturday to a swap meet and there was the usual vendors dragging around the same stuff.

3. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

If a seller does not have his items priced, I usually won't even stop to look.

My formula is simple. I don't really buy with the idea of reselling but if I could resell the item and make a couple bucks, I feel it's a good price. When I do sell, I price items the same way. If I am selling, I don't want to take the stuff home. I see people carry around the same old over priced crap, sometimes for years.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

You have that right . Makes you wonder why the do not drop the price a wee bit .