Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Interior Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by California Dan, Jun 4, 2019.

1. California Dan

California Dan

Good morning! So my Cadillac is getting painted ( going with a mint green with a platinum pearl top) and am trying to figure out the interior. My first thought is to go with an off-white alligator, with gray fabric, diamond tuck inserts- the summers are brutal here in Socal! I was going to do the dash in alligator as well, but I don't want to overdo it. I want it to look clean, but different.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. loudbang and rockable like this.
  3. Terrible80

Terrible80

Gator sounds a bit gaudy. Got a pic of the car with paint? Sounds real classy.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. California Dan

California Dan

The car is getting painted as we speak, but is similar to the first picture. The last picture is of supposedly one of the earliest pinstriping jobs of Bo huff's son Jr, according to the guy that I bought it from ( he bought the car from the Huff family). My goal is to maybe have Jr. redo the design on my car once I get it finished.
    As for the interior, I don't want to drown it with mint green. The garnish moldings will be mint, and maybe some stitching. I don't want gaudy, just clean and subtle.

Attached Files:

5. Alligator sounds a little gaudy to me but whatever floats your boat. HRP

6. Boat flake vinyl
    Or try to source some rare genuine Naugahyde

nochop and da34guy like this.
  7. I've got a herd of Naugy's just about ready to skin.

loudbang and anthony myrick like this.
  8. California Dan

California Dan

Thanks guys. I think I've gotten gator out of my head. Leaning now towards a pearl white Naugahyde with charcoal gray suede, diamond tuck inserts. Matching diamond pattern on bottom door panels and kick panels.
    I love this site!

9. California Dan

California Dan

Well, I got her back from the paint shop a few days ago.... What do you think? IMG_3497.JPG IMG_3503.JPG IMG_3500.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rmorris, 40FORDPU and loudbang like this.
  10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I like it. I would also go with a mexican blanket. If not a full seat cover, maybe a folded mexican blanket and draped over the front or back seat for the effect?

I think it would go great with that body style and paint scheme.

11. California Dan

California Dan

Thanks. I am getting all of my chrome back on Wednesday and will have it dressed by the weekend. I am going with a pearl white vinyl, with gray suede diamond tuck inserts. The top is a platinum pearl, so there is a hint of gray in it with the sun hitting it. Really looking forward to getting it on the road!

Special Ed likes this.
  12. Special Ed

Special Ed

Sounds like you're all set on your decision. Gonna be nice. I might be the only one on here that actually has an alligator (vinyl) interior, and it certainly would be period correct to the year of your car, but your choice of white/gray sounds good, too. You'll be on the road in no time ;)

13. California Dan

California Dan

Let me ask you guys this, I was planning on putting a small amount of alligator interior, was thinking a little bit on the door panels, but does anyone know if there is such a thing of a pearl white alligator fabric? I know that this would be period correct and since day one, I was visualizing alligator in this 56? Ant thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.