Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Is there anyway to ID or tell the difference between a BeBop and Wescott Front fender

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Russco, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

My 86 year old pop had an incident and now I need to most likely replace or possibly repair the RF fender. I was pretty sure these fenders were from Be Bop but he swears they came from a company out west? I am certain at one point at least the rears came from be bop because they weren't 38 coupe fenders and didn't fit and he had to drive back to Tenn. I built the car in 2005-2006 and just cant remember for sure. I would sure like to make sure they are both the same fenders I know from past experience they can be a big difference. I know Wescotts are really nice but does anyone happen to know if Wescotts puts any kind of tag or part number in their parts? or any way to differentiate between the two? Thanks in advance. Mike

2. Richard Head

Richard Head

On the Wescott 33-34 Ford fenders, they either engraved or molded in the part number somewhere where it gets covered up when assembled. Poli-Form, on the other hand, used to encapsulate a business card on the underside of the fender in the resin.
    Dave

loudbang and Mr48chev like this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

Wescott is thin and hand laid, right?
    Poly form and Bebop are thick and chopper gun sprayed, right?

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Call Wescotts and ask Karl if he can tell if it's theirs by sending him a photo of the back side of the fender.
    http://www.wescottsauto.com

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think polyform glassed the business card on the backside of everything they made. Not sure how to id a Wescott fender but they can probably tell you how.

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Replace both fenders to get matched pair.

Phil

j3harleys and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

In the asymmetrical tradition of Tex Smith, make them mismatched. Or if your tradition sources from the end of our time window, cite Roth as your authority...

8. Westcott fenders, in my opinion are the closest thing to the original. HRP

9. First lets establish what year & make of car you're talking about. you mention 38 coupe fenders.

Mick