Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Good Vibes for Sibes (Jim Sibley)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rod1, Apr 9, 2019.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

Dddenny, im way ahead of you. They per scribed 2 pills every 3 hours , and so far im on 2 every 12. I didnt come this far to become a junkie.

5window, ffr1222k, Petejoe and 6 others like this.
  2. good news Jim. Take it slow and keep moving. I came home after 5 days in the dead of the winter. Slept in the recliner for one night and then propped up in bed with a bunch of pillows for the first week and then it was all down hill. I used to go to Home Depot because of the snow and ice to get my walking done each day. Got to know those aisles pretty well:D

3. brg404

brg404
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yay!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Good news there buddy !!!

5. RMONTY

RMONTY

I've been through a couple of painful surgeries, and know it can get depressing hurting all the time. Stay ahead of the pain and take what you have to in order to stay as mobile as you are supposed to. Only thing ahead of you now is healing and feeling like a new man now. Best of luck in your recovery and steady as she goes!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  6. glad to see you post. get well soon. IMG_5059.JPG dogwood tree flowers............kinda manly.

chryslerfan55, raven, Chucky and 6 others like this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wow good on you Jim. That’s faster than I would have thought.
    Your doctors do heart surgery like you build cars ;) :)
    Here’s to a speedy recovery with minimal pain and no complications.
    Larry

8. belair

belair

Make sure they lapped the valves in...get well soon and don't over do anything. It hurts a lot longer than it took to hurt it.

9. Happy to read the good news.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Welcome that pain, it’s letting you know you’re still with us!
    Follow Dr.s orders and you’ll be back in the shop in no time.

11. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim,

Man!, it IS good to hear from you brother! Hang in there and take it easy. Work on getting better and we will look forward to getting reports on your progress as you share them.

Steve

12. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Geez I’m late to this thread but I’m glad you are back home and starting the healing process. Just said a prayer for you and all the H.A.M.B. board for doing what they do best and that is take care of their own. Good luck and Godspeed from Indiana. Regards, Randy

13. loudbang

loudbang

Happy for you that everything is working out. :)

Thor1, chryslerfan55 and brady1929 like this.
  14. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is so Great news,Jim.Rest easy.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  15. brady1929

brady1929

Don't over do it. Glad you are well.

loudbang likes this.
  16. williebill

williebill

Great news, and like everyone's said, take it easy for a while.
    That said, is the 32 finished yet?

17. JimSibley

JimSibley

E4E47B98-F3DE-4C06-96DA-711150A5A941.jpeg 394CF7B0-D99A-4826-A0F8-2D552FB605B4.jpeg 2CBCBADF-E05D-443F-9306-5166AD20FB38.jpeg The 32 is waiting my return. Next is brake lines, wiring and fuel. I did it this way hoping that i would be strong enough for these little projects soon. Im going to take it real easy. I have dodged death enough this year, progress can wait.

Stogy, oldengine, Thor1 and 14 others like this.
  18. williebill

williebill

Jim, my comment was meant to be a bit tongue and cheek as a tip of the hat to how fast you usually work, and how good your work is. I think most of us who have watched your work think you can turn anything into anything, and do it damn quick, and make it look damn good. You can take a bunch of time off, and still be faster than most of us. Take care.

19. So happy to hear the surgery went well, now take it easy and don't push recovery, the car will be waiting on you when your ready. HRP

chryslerfan55, Blue One and vtwhead like this.
  20. raven

raven

Good to hear that you’re back home and on the mend. Remember that the pain will be temporary and will pass. It has no home with you. Take it easy and don’t rush. You’ll be fine in no time.
    Think of it as a vacation and use the time to plan your next move.
    r

21. loudbang

loudbang

Things fade with time. My zipper used to bring comments from ladies I was "entertaining" but after 3 years most of them don't even notice it now. :)

RMONTY likes this.
  22. trollst

trollst

Well, I gave you the rundown up to this point, now....you'll probably do what I and most of us did. You'll get tired of being an invalid, you'll get feeling pretty good, so you'll push yourself too hard one day cause you feel so good, DON'T do that. You'll pay, over extending yourself when you're not ready will drain you and set you back on the recovery train, your heart doc has seen it all, knows what to expect, do what they tell you.
    You can do this, my advice comes from the speed of your builds, you don't like to wait, but this is beyond your control. Take your time to get right, long term it will pay off big. LeRoy.
    Good luck.

23. How did I miss this? I had a close one back in late 2016... coded while in triage at the local ER for chest pains, never expected that. Woke up 5 days later from an induced coma, 10 days total in the hospital. 2 more days and they would have killed me there. Triple bypass, funny that the 10" scar is now around 8.5"..

I had a great recovery, did they offer a cardiac rehab? That was good for me. I was back to work in 3 months, did not touch a wrench until the 4th month after. It was winter anyway. I still have a slightly funky valve, had a stress test 2 weeks ago as a follow up. Nothing bad came out of it, some minor scarring. I don't take many pills, just BP and cholesterol stuff and that 81 mg aspirin.

Good to see you doing well.

24. 18n57

18n57

Best wishes for a complete recovery! Your work is inspirational, when you get back to it, we will be following...

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. JimSibley

JimSibley

One week into it, and im doing fine. Sitting around sucks, but thats ok. Im alive and im healing.

26. Takes a while to get up and running again. My 1st full day home, I crapped myself on the way to the bathroom. They had me loaded up with laxatives at the hospital. By the 2nd day, I could feed the cats in the morning. I had a nurse that came in a couple of times, PT for 10 or 12 sessions. My little cat attacked the guy one morning, went after his hanging badge, it was funny.

raven and loudbang like this.
  27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm just completing my first month of cardio rehab after having a stint installed, 3 more months to go. Lost a few pounds, getting in shape, feeling great, back to playing golf, told my wife I haven't felt this good in years!

Enjoy the rest, then get back to it with a passion. If they offer rehab at the hospital, do it! It has given me a ton of confidence cause I push it there more than I do working out at home. Hell if it's going to go wrong you want to be there when it does. It's kind of like having the machine shop that built the motor do the burn in. :cool:

God's speed on the recovery!

Stogy, loudbang and JimSibley like this.
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I got a stent installed 12 years ago on a Friday and went back to work on Monday, went in for Dr's appointment the next Friday and they told me I could go back to work the next week. I told them I already had returned to work..........someone forgot to tell me that I wasn't cleared to go back just yet, luckily everything went well and I did my cardiac rehab as prescribed and still doing well to this day, heartwise at least.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  30. JimSibley

JimSibley

Man, i dont know how hard a stint is. But there is no going back to work after having the whole pulmonary region replaced with a cadaver, the aortic valve replaced with my own pulmonary, and a new arch made from weave. Its a job to walk 1000 ft in a day, and im a very active guy. This is going to be a long road.