Register now to get rid of these ads!

where to start a thread

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by krazy kat, Jun 3, 2019.

1. krazy kat

krazy kat

So i guess i don.t know enough about the hamb site, i though my 51 plymouth was old enough for hot rod statue but i guess not. ever time i post some thing it gets deleted. not traditional ,not a project ,not technical, so where do ask question,

2. have you read the rules?

Send me a conversation and I will try to help you or at least explain what your problem is. HRP

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

he is posting about swapping in a 4.3 Gm v6.

4. krazy kat

krazy kat

so swapping in a different engine in an old body is not a hot rod ?

5. chev34ute

chev34ute

It’s not that your 51 Plymouth is not old enough, it’s that its in the wrong category. “Traditional Hot Rods” is for pre Fifties builds. What you should be posting in is “Traditional Customs” which is for post Forties builds.

6. krazy kat

krazy kat

will i did post it in traditional custom and still got deleted

7. krazy kat

krazy kat

8. flyin-t

flyin-t

The Traditional Hot Rod section is full of 50's and 60's car builds.

9. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Somebody doesn't like v-6's....

10. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

A 51 is Ok in hot rods.
    A 51 is OK in Customs.

What's not OK is post 1965 design engine families.
    As far as I know your original inline thread is still up. I was just on it.

11. Was a GM 4.3L V6 available and regularly swapped into traditional Customs pre 1964? (Asking for a friend)
    Chappy

First paragraph of rules set forth by the boss
    "The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That's right; TRADITIONAL. If you've come here to discuss anything other than Hot Rods or Customs built in a style representative of 1965 or before, you've come to the wrong forum."

12. flyin-t

flyin-t

Like Mustang front ends, T5 trans, air bags...this place is flooded with that stuff and I don't ever see it get deleted.

GM started building a V6 in the late 50s, but it wasn't the 4.3.

13. If I recall most post actually showing MII front suspension and T5s gets the same axe....
    I didn't get a chance to see his post before it got deleted but I am assuming the engine bay looked like a 87 cavalier or something. They made ohv v8 in the late 50s but an LS1-6 will get the axe here as well
    Chappy

14. flyin-t

flyin-t

Not going to argue with you because I don't really care, still the only hot rod site I visit.

There's a thread on page one in the traditional hot rod forum on T5s right now.

15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It is not a traditional hot rod which is what this site is all about. you can see the rules here
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

and yes, Mustang 2 Ifs, Ls and other efi engines and large diameter billet wheels get deleted as soon as they are found or reported....If it wasn't around before 1965 it really does not belong here (with a few minor exceptions)

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

T5's are one of the few things that are allowed here because once it is in the car it is basically invisible. It does not however belong on the traditional hot rod page and I am going to go look for it now and move it to the hokey ass message board

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

also this thread should have been posted in questions and suggestions....so I am going to move it too

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Soooo... you believe the thread is deleted, but others can still see it? Are you aware that every new topic posted pushes all the others down the forum? One way to find it is to use the "your content" selection on your profile icon. good luck. 4.3 is just 3/4 of a SBC. Just don't talk about it. Unless you have a specific mounting question we might be able to help with. And no donk wheels.

Deuces likes this.
  19. Forget the V6 and think V8, Chevy, Ford, Buick etc, all hot rod engines. HRP

20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Y’all making Mark work too hard, lol!

Only V6 I can think of would be a Buick from a early 60’s Skylark. They used the same basic design up to the 90’s, early version is odd fire, later is even fire. The Chevy 4.3 V6 came out in the 80’s, too new for here.

GM used the Buick V6 across the board in g bodies in the 80’s, so they have enough power for a mid sized car. I did know how to tell the odd fire from the even fire, but it’s been a few years since I’ve messed with them.

21. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I started a thread about Studibaker making horse drawn wagons before they built cars under "history" and it was deleted.

Someone even showed a John Deere wagon.

22. Off topic threads or threads that are iffy will get deleted, I should know I've posted more that my fair share, you'll learn.

It's not personal. HRP