Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Dirt Drags 2019 Monte Vista CO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by winduptoy, May 29, 2019.

1. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Great Photos @Animal It was also nice to meet you!

winduptoy and j3harleys like this.
  2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Thanks to all for taking us along and providing all the photos and coverage.
    Looks like some great hot rods, with great weather, and a great event!!!!

3. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You @Animal your additions are great!
    As participants we feel privileged to attend this in a town that supports this event to the hilt.
    Your community is very welcoming to us and we appreciate it, that and what a super setting.
    I've made it back home and I've got a few additions to the thread after I catch up with things I ignored while I got to go play. To everyone that rode along, I'm not very wordy and just post photos as they unfold.
    Mike. Amy and crew put on a super event and they make sure that there is every opportunity to get out and run down the track. There were a couple over 150 cars registered to run. There were 477 runs put in on Saturday...everyone got to run lots....and Amy, the barefooted flag girl, flagged every race off.
    What a blast!

4. Tire Fire

Tire Fire
    from Utah

Here is a handful of photos from this weekend. There isn’t a event around that’s much more fun than this.
    D6327EA4-B094-4387-8C73-A7023C9E8729.jpg IMG_2498.JPG IMG_2531.JPG 775DD0AF-78F2-480B-8A5A-FD1CBF09227A.jpg IMG_2580.JPG IMG_2579.JPG 029B3826-0544-4B14-913A-414D68857CEA.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

winduptoy, Jet96, lurker mick and 7 others like this.
  5. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Larry,
    Thanks for putting so much effort into this and posting so many great pics.
    Thanks to everyone else for posting up their pics.
    And a huge thanks to Mike, Amy and Crew!!! A fantastic event. Great people, great cars, great fun. A very nice laid back atmosphere where everyone can have a good time.

This year I finally took Larry's advice and drove a truck up. It wasn't my little RPU project (hopefully next year) so I drove my Ford truck beater and had a great time!
    Thanks to everyone who makes this possible!
    Here's a few pics. I didn't take too many, I got too busy having fun... IMG_4563.JPG IMG_4566.JPG IMG_4567.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4569.JPG IMG_4571.JPG IMG_0021.JPG
    Bobby

winduptoy, Jet96, waxhead and 4 others like this.
  6. WOW! Cool car overload! Thanks for posting

7. Jakes38

Jakes38

What a great event and an even greater adventure. Had a tough time running on Saturday do to a fouled plug. (The sea level tune wasn't happy at 7700 above sea level) Fresh plugs Sunday morning helped tremendously and we made a bunch more passes. There was a ton of cool cars and a ton of great folks out for the weekend. 10/10 would definitely recommend everyone get your butts to Monte Vista next year! Race 2.jpg

8. Damn that looks like a good time!
    What is the year cut-off for this event?
    Didn't think a mid 60's Mustang, Fairlane or Comet would qualify as a Hot Rod?
    Unless they weren't racing.....
    I like the fact that there are a lot of "suede" cars like the two above.
    As a non- hot rod owner I can relate to these rugged cars.
    Is this the same group that holds the Hot Rod Hill Climb?

9. Kinda' surprised to see the 50's stuff too.
    I like it though!

10. j3harleys

j3harleys

It is the same people That have HOT ROD HILL CLIMB. They are really Good people and put on supper events. I'm proud to have them as friend's. They give a little more flexibility at the dirt drags than they do for the hill climb. But a big majority of cars at the drags are early hot rods.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  11. j3harleys

j3harleys

It was a great event. Glad I got to meet you, I had a great time visiting with your parent's , I think they had as much fun as you did. I'm the guy that sent you the video. You will probably recognize the back ground in my avatar. Hope to see next year.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Jakes38 likes this.