Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Old Time Speed Equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elco Heads, May 31, 2019.

1. Old Time Speed
    Manufacturers of Old Time Speed equipment here in Australia.
    " PROJECT "
    Federal Mogul Flathead V8 water rail manifolds.
    Last year we were commissioned by a USA company to re make the water rails for a number of sets of Flathead V8 Federal Mogul heads as none were available. [ See first photo of original head and water rail manifold attached to it. ]
    New patterns were made and sample castings were cast using a mixture of copper and bronze before a number of sets were finally cast.
    The first and last photo shows the heads with the original water rail fitted to the head.
    The rest of the photos show the finished water rail manifold we manufactured here in Australia. 32253781_2162020254084267_7925767343337111552_n.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Wow you guys do some awesome work and thanks for keeping our old buggies going

3. alchemy

alchemy

Do you ever try to make anything of your own?

Blue One and Max Gearhead like this.

4. Yes we do.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  5. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Can a pair of theses water manifolds now be purchased?

6. Hi quickchange V8
    We were commissioned to make these water rail manifolds for a customer. As he invested quite a lot of money to have these made, we have a written agreement with him that we do not manufacture any castings from the patterns to sell to anyone but him. However we have made a number of pair for him which he is apparently going to sell some of them.
    Could you private message me your email address and or phone number so I can pass it on to my customer and i will ask him to reply to your question re supply. If you have any other questions please message me back.

Thanks
    Terry

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    egads likes this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

Selling someone else’s work product has never stopped you before.

8. BJR

BJR

Sounds like there is more to the story than is posted here.:eek:

9. I think that they are correct in not selling the product out from under the investor. Did they not have such an agreement with someone else ?

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

There’s lots more to this crooks story if you search a little.
    Is he an alliance vendor?
    If not why is his spam allowed here?
    I thought Ryan was pretty picky about guys who rip off other guys stuff.

C69A likes this.
  11. We were commissioned by Rex Rods and Chassis in Texas to make the water rail patterns for a customer of theirs. We have a WRITTEN AGREEMENT with Rex Rods and there customer stating the pattern can only be used by Rex Rods and there customer to cast this product. You are all quite welcome to call Rudy at Rex Rods and chassis and confirm that we indeed have an agreement.
    If any one wants to purchase these water rails contact Rudy at Rex Rods and Chassis and he will pass your request on to the owner of them.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  12. Ziggster

Ziggster

Looks like the core shifted as the walls are a little thin on one side at the bases of the inlets.

13. No the core had not moved, its shows like that because of the angle the photo has been taken

14. KKrod

KKrod

Very nice looking castings.

15. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman