Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FRAUD ALERT: Smiths Classic Car Clocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Dec 6, 2017.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe this guy had an ad in the classified awhile back but I can't find it now. I have held off reporting this but its finally time. I really hated doing this but I'm out $200.00 that I can't recover. I bought a clock from this guy and after installing it I found it didn't work. I called him and he said to send it back, which I did. That was back in May. He finally responded to my emails and said he didn't know it was mine. Said he would fix it and send it back. Then after months of sending messages he finally said it would be "shipping tomorrow" That was in the middle of November. Now its Dec 6 and no clock. I've emailed twice since then and no reply. I called the number on his website but the message says the mailbox is full. Proceed with caution when dealing with him.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Hope this turns out ok for you, this shit happens more then it should!!

3. e z i

e z i

Very timely thread..

BJR, Truck64, billsat and 2 others like this.
  4. even a broken clock is right twice a day;)...............hope you get your clock or your money back.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

6. He mailed it middle of November? 3 weeks ago.... Christmas rush. Post office is back logged. Not making excuses. Just saying.

7. leon bee

leon bee

40 to 50 thousand part time! Yeah, right. That guy's ad for selling his business sounds a little sketchy to me.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

From his ad:
    "It has been very lucrative". "It has also been great working with the owners who I have found to be gracious and tolerant".
    40-50k?

He looks to be in Denver.Anyone know him?

To the o/p: what is his HAMB handle?
    With the business for sale, I'd say if you want to speak with him, send him an email with "business purchase" in the title. Send along your cell number. Bet you'll get an immediate response!

southerncad and da34guy like this.
  9. '51 Roadmaster

'51 Roadmaster

Had a recent dealing with this character. No communication, no response to E-mails, phone mailbox full. Called Paypal to reverse the payment, once they looked up the seller, their tone immediately changed from 'keep trying to contact the seller' to persistently suggesting I file a claim. Almost like they know something.....

Anyhow, long story short, I received a full refund. Do yourself a favor and type the company name into your favorite internet search engine followed by your choice of non-flattering words like 'scam', 'fraud', 'warning', ect and see what pops up. Be sure to also check out what the BBB has to say as well.

Try that with the above mentioned seller and you'll find some very enlightening stories.

caveat emptor

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Chucky likes this.
  10. town sedan

town sedan

And always search for HAMB feedback.
    -Dave

'51 Roadmaster likes this.
  11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

An internet search reveals many complaints from various car enthusiast forums.

'51 Roadmaster likes this.