Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage York

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcsfabrication, May 25, 2019.

1. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Entry fee will never go down. We will all get less "stuff" for the money. Here comes the "When I was young " part. I was part of a club that put on a run (Ringoes) in N.J. The amount of time / effort / money it took to put on a one day run that at best yielded around 150 cars at best, was more than anybody realizes. In my eyes, York is still very much worth the cost to me. I'm just glad that there are still organizations that find it worth their while to organize and host these sort of runs.
    Loads of one day things going on within reasonable distances, but three days of relaxing and looking over cool cars is still a good deal. Besides, gettin' there is as much fun as the destination.

2. .....................I remember those days......sorta.:D;)

3. I was going to try and make it on Saturday as I haven't been in a few years, but I seem to have "inherited" the maintenance and repair duties on my daughter's boyfriend car... he is a good kid and willing to learn so this weekend we will be putting lower ball joints on his OT car. It's nice to pass along a skill set to him that will serve him well for the rest of his life, I just wish he would have taken my advice and passed on this car purchase...
    Chappy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I won a bucket of insulation and a spray gun last year.:)

A friend of mine won the truck one year.... said he netted about 7k after taxes when he sold it.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. I won an Optima battery and a trunk seal for a '40 Coupe one year at York and an aluminum, universal gas tank when NSRA was at Richmond Intl. Raceway those few years. Never could get that crate motor.:D;)

OLSKOOL57, Dino 64 and mad mikey like this.
  6. But, all of that was many years ago.:(

OLSKOOL57, Dino 64 and mad mikey like this.
  7. F&J

F&J

Seems like most hambers are old now. We remember how "new" and exciting rod runs were when streetrodding seemed to appear overnight almost a half century ago.

We all were young then, everyone at these events were also young. Everything was a new carefree youthful adventure and that's why shows were huge. Now we seem to put too much thought into the past...comparing, and then knowing it's not ever going to be the same "rush".

It really was exciting times, but let's face it, it's much like going to your 50th high school reunion...it's not going to be anything like your memories of those high school days.

joeybsyc, OLSKOOL57, Paul B and 4 others like this.
  8. 5window

5window

Nah, my 50th was great. Everybody there was "traditional"!

9. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I just got home from registration and I didn't even see a Mustang etc. ;) I tried not to notice the Nova.:D

1_7T5A1466m1920.jpg
    1_7T5A1439m1920.jpg
    1_7T5A1445m1920.jpg
    1_7T5A1453m1920.jpg
    1_7T5A1458m1920.jpg

i.rant, Hamtown Al, loudbang and 8 others like this.
  10. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

11. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Raining in York now, Thursday afternoon. The Good Lord is providing dust control and dropping the temperatures for an uncharacteristically pleasant weekend. I plan on enjoying all the cars on display Friday; and I bet I go right back in August to enjoy the GG’s show. And I’ll be taking in the Carlisle Ford show on Saturday. Wow, what a weekend!

loudbang, jim snow, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  12. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

13. Thanks for the pics, Al.

14. jim snow

jim snow

What @lothiandon said. Snowman

loudbang, Dino 64, Al Consoli and 2 others like this.
  15. slug

slug

Thanks for the pics. Used to go every year but now very on and off. I think the full field days are gone forever but I sure want to enjoy what's left.

16. The local news here just reported that the NSRA is expecting record attendance. I remember when this show would get near or over 5000 cars. Do not think we will see that. Still its a great time for sure.

17. .............I think they call that "marketing".;).............................Could be "fake news"!:D;)

18. All of my "poor mouthing" aside, I hope that it is in fact record attendance. Guess I'm just an eternal sceptic.:(

19. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I going early Saturday morning. Lookin for a good show deal from the vendors. I guess I’ll look at the cars too

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Record attendance? Not today. Glorious sunshine and comfortable humidity. We saw some very nice cars: street rods, hot rods, antiques, and muscle cars. The swap meet was about the same as the last few years, but we picked up a load of ‘46 Chevy truck parts so the day was a great success. Good thing, with $19 at the gate and $5 parking- it ain’t cheap!

Attached Files:

21. ...............Robbery without using a gun.:rolleyes:

22. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I was there. :)
    There were quite a few campers and RVs in the infield. The car count appeared to be about the usual Friday number. There will never again be 5000 cars at this event, but I would expect well over 3000 on Saturday.
    A few more of the regular vendors did not show this year.

1_7T5A1518m1920x.jpg

40ragtopdown, i.rant, Hank37 and 9 others like this.
  23. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I didn't take photos today, but I really liked this '36 and couldn't resist. The owner said it was the first time out.

1_7T5A1500m1920.jpg

40ragtopdown, i.rant, Hank37 and 9 others like this.
  24. WOW! Both cars are beauties, but that Pagan Gold '39 Coupe with the White scallops just trips my trigger. WOW!!!!

25. Pretty radical chop on that '36 3-window. Glad they kept the functional push-out windshield........Don.

26. 5window

5window

It was $10 parking and $15 admission at Ford Carlisle. Guess they're going to get their $25 one way or another.

27. Maicobreako

Maicobreako

My first time, went Friday, was overwhelmed by the number of cool cars to see! Got there just as the 'parade' was leaving.

IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0253.JPG

Hank37, Al Consoli, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  28. Maicobreako

Maicobreako

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Wow, you can see a little of everything at York.

30. When I checked in at 0900 Saturday, the count wast at about 4100......with lots of guys still in line for the late entry.........looks to be a successful weekend for them. Good crowd this year......not so many geriatric ward candidates. Small flea market again, ditto for corporate vendors inside the buildings. Lots of terrific hot rods!!

40LUV, mad mikey, loudbang and 2 others like this.