Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My Favorite Kustom at Santa Maria

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, May 30, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

My Favorite Kustom at Santa Maria

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful car, one that is normally over in the Low Rider Crowd and not, as you mentioned, normally customized and customized in a garage. Shades of Lee Pratt,,, excellent.

3. That car is a knockout, the stance, color & interior are perfect. HRP

4. TRJ did a spread on that car in the latest issue. I did not make it to SM this year so have not seen it in person, but what a beauty. As has been noted, an unusual choice for a custom but it really works. Beautiful car. Being home built (and a Nor Cal car !) just makes it more special.

Tim likes this.

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Drop...Dead...Gorgeous...I wouldn't change a thing.

6. Rik @Rikster Hoving's CustomCarChronicle thread is good ... but for a more comprehensive (i.e., start to finish) build thread, checkout Steve @DirtyNapkin Pierce's Round 2! 1940 Buick Super. Kustom thread right here on the H.A.M.B.!

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Tim and Sancho like this.
  7. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

I totally second that emotion. Everybody is talking about the headlights, but I think the taillights are even better. Not too practical, but fashion seldom is. Plus the drip rails are essential and nicely done. Lowriders and customs used to be the same thing, and this car is a prime example of how that can continue and blur. Son Bill has one of these stashed next to his shop, waiting it's turn once he gets the Riv done. The same year Pontiac is another prime target for the Kustom/lowrider treatment, as Darryl Mayabb so deftly illustrated a while back.
    Pat G.

jim snow, HEMI32 and Sancho like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Just read about this one! Good choice!

9. sololobo

sololobo

I have seen some coverage of this cool custom, to see it live would be thrilling. Love it

10. Curt Six

Curt Six

I got to know Steve a little bit while working on our story. Such a nice dude, which makes all the recognition he's getting that much cooler. What I love most about the car, aside from it being just drop dead gorgeous, is how truly home built it is—done with the tools most of us already have in our garages. For those of us with more time and welding rod than money (as Pete Eastwood puts it), cars like this are pretty inspirational.

HEMI32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. I followed Steves built thread from day one, this car really rocks, a true custom, Steve followed his own rules to built a unique custom with really nothing to improve, congrats again!
    Cheers, Carsten

12. Jarek Thompson

Jarek Thompson

Steve is a killer dude and my barber. Don’t forget that Kyle Martin (Instagram @worldfamouskylemartin) did the paint and Chris Johnson did the interior (Instagram @johnsonskustomupholstry). Check them out as well

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car is just flat beautiful. While they look fantastic I'm not too sure about those tail lights and their location safety wise with distracted drivers behind it though.

14. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey