Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bogus fender law "INTERPRETATION" In Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, May 17, 2019.

1. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Thank you for all you are doing @Curt R !!

a boner, Max Gearhead and Stogy like this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

Here is some info on the WCCA.....thanks to Hemmings Motor News.
    image.png

3. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

I emailed them and did receive a response. I think my info was old and apologize for that . They are well aware of the current situation and also referred me to contact Curt R. So I feel confident that the hot rod community will survive, we will have some issues but don't give up.
    A big thanks to Curt R and all the people involved.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  4. A Boner

A Boner

I called their # listed above on Sunday, got an answering machine, left a short message and am still waiting for a response.
    What am I missing here? The Wisconsin Car Clubs Alliance is compromised of 60 Wisconsin car clubs, and they told you to contact CurtR? I would think that they would contact CurtR, and a see how they could help him. Or better yet, contact CurtR and tell him what THEY are doing and ask him for some advice. Hopefully someone from the Alliance or someone from one of the 60 clubs will see this and come on here and explain things better.

Hnstray likes this.
  5. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

Ok, let see if I can clarify a few things. When I contacted Herb Buhl I asked about some issues with trans 305. I wanted to know who would be the people that were the experts and were they aware of this issue. The answer is yes. Herb also attached the original letter that Curt posted on WHRR and the latest court findings. He also gave me an email address for Curt other than here. These are some other contacts that Herb Buhl gave me, Tom Zat 715-449-2141 and Dale Zatloukal, [email protected] . If you refer to post 60 you will see how Curt R is one the experts. If you or anyone has an issue regarding being stopped for violation of trans 305 let WCCA know. Also you can contact Wis. Specialty Vehicle Council [email protected]
    Please realize that this situation will not be rectified quickly the wheels of government move very slowly.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  6. A Boner

A Boner

Guess everyone is patiently waiting to see the outcome of the "Dodgeville Brad" WSP inspection. Dropping the fender tickets really didn't fix this dilemma, might have just shoved the misinterpretation down the road. It would have been better to get it settled in court.....don't worry Brad, there are a shit-ton of us that have your back! The ball is in their court.....I'm thinking they are realizing they have stirred up a hornets nest. Hobbiest cars and owners in Wisconsin have had a smooth road since the 1990's and their numbers have increased significantly since then. Hopefully things will straighten out, if not I think WE are ready.

50John likes this.
  7. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well I contacted my Reps Tuesday and had two pleasant conversations with people that as I expected where not my actual reps. In both cases they where aware of the situation and that I was not the first to call or email. I gave them my contact info and got a have a nice day. So I will wait a week or two and see if I get a response. Otherwise I will call again and look for an update. A boner ,I to wish the judge would have heard the case and made a judgement. But to be honest I don't think any of these cases will ever see a day in court. The buck will just get passed like it did in this one. But we can't give up! I wish there was a way to get unified petitions out there to the modified car and truck community because this just doesn't effect hot rodders, but street machiners, truck guys , tuners , low riders, you name it and they can be subject to the same issues and if you talk to them they have! We might not be anymore interested in their build choices than they have in ours. but there is power in numbers and state wide petitions with thousands of tax paying , voting car guys and gals signatures might get the reps and the attorney generals office's attention, but I have no clue on how to attain them. Hopefully others have better ideas than me. Larry

a boner likes this.
  8. Mike

Mike

Dismissing the tickets is a clever tactic done by WSP. If this goes to court, WSP will be required to interpret the law as specified by the court's ruling. If they avoid court, WSP can continue to interpret the law as they see fit.

a boner likes this.
  9. A Boner

A Boner

If we as a group, keep track if there are numerous situations like this, I'm sure there is a way to have this stopped. It will only work for them a limited number of times, then they can be called out on it!

Max Gearhead likes this.
  10. pumpman

pumpman

Bump, fight the fight guys!

11. Mike

Mike

Absolutely, stay united, stay informed and keep up the fight. It's going to take a court ruling or pressure from someone high enough up in state government to get WSP to change their interpretation. Until one of those happens, WSP is likely going to keep doing whatever they can to keep either of those things from happening.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    a boner likes this.
  12. A Boner

A Boner

Bump, while waiting for inspection.

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  13. Larry,

It is good that the people you talked with were aware of the situation. This means there is some maybe a lot of discussion about this situation within the legislators circle. I think you had discussions with the legislator's aide. Good work.

There are two guys in southeast Wis putting together an organization to unify our community to protect our rights to own, modify and drive our vehicles. I will post here with any new developments.

I appreciate your concern and efforts and that goes for everybody supporting us and those others getting involved.

Curt R

14. A Boner

A Boner

Still waiting for something.....anyone having problems in Wisconsin?

15. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Only the weather.

a boner likes this.
  16. Brad's 32 Ford has been inspected by Wisconsin State Patrol. The WSP Inspector will meet with the WSP staff and will advise Brad of the results of the inspection and if the vehicle can go back on the road.

It's not over yet.

Curt R

17. A Boner

A Boner

Bump to the top.....another step closer to war or peace!

18. Speed~On

Speed~On

Yep! :cool: Really hoping it's the latter

19. A Boner

A Boner

Any word on the outcome of the WSP inspection?

20. A Boner

A Boner