Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID some lights

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 1930artdeco, May 27, 2019.

1. I think I am in the right spot. If not please move.

Picked these up for possible turn signal mounting on my Model A if I can find a way to make them discreet and blend in style wise. If not back to the market place they go. But, anyone know anything about them?

Mike

Attached Files:

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Harley dressers used a lot of them, look for a makers name. Bob

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

I've seen them for sale at swap meets from those guys that just have big plastics bins of marker lights and hardware items without name brands. The ones you have look like they have some age to them, maybe better quality than the ones I've seen. Could be from one of those old aftermarket companies like Yankee. On a side note they are the perfect size to make a harmonica microphone out of using a rotary phones speaker element. I did that with one years ago.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. They look like the old Yankee accessory lamps for motorcycles. Can't tell whether the lenses are green or blue from the pic but if they are blue they may not be legal to use on a car. Michigan laws forbid civilian use of any blue light on a motor vehicle except police cars.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

1024x1024.jpg

If they turn out to be made by Yankee Metal Works they were made in this building in Norwalk, Ct. Originally a hat factory it has been remolded into high end condominiums. Bob

*JW*, lothiandon1940 and ol'stinky like this.
  6. Thanks for the replies folks. I took all of them apart to find a name and no name to be found. The lenses are red, and they are a very thin steel stamping. One had a 12v light bulb in it so I am guessing late 50's at least.

Mike