Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage York

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcsfabrication, May 25, 2019.

1. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody going to York? Getting there Thursday afternoon, be at the headquarters.

2. Probably be roaming around there Sat. as a spectator. Safe travels.

3. Same as Don, with a few friends on Saturday. Just don't have the $$s

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Graystoke

Graystoke

I will commute every day.

mcsfabrication likes this.

5. Graystoke

Graystoke

Big storms coming through the area for the next 2 days, but the weekend looks great.

6. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

I will be at the host hotel Thursday morning. Looking forward to it.

7. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Me too

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I was a commercial vendor at York for about 15 years. Pulled my 5th wheel 1300 miles one way for that show. At that time the swap meet was good and I always did a good business at the show. Really enjoyed the variety of East coast cars. You could see a little of everything at York.

9. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been going since the Timonium days. Missed a few while living abroad, but it's always interesting.
    Certainly changed over the years, but still worth the trip.
    @lothiandon1940 , I'll travel as safely as possible, some times things just happen.

10. ............Sadly that's so true. I know you can attest to that. Be safe.

OLSKOOL57 and mcsfabrication like this.
  11. .....................Same here. My first was 1974 @ Timonium...... 20170314_113600.jpg

12. I heard a rumor today that they were going to allow camping again on the grounds. Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  13. I heard that as well, but I can't confirm that. I think they are running scared what with G.G. coming to York in August. Look for the powers that be to be extra nice this week-end.:rolleyes:

OLSKOOL57, Just Gary, Dino 64 and 2 others like this.
  14. Graystoke

Graystoke

True !!! It was mentioned in the NSRA magazine.

Why would anybody be scared of Goodguys except the Goodguys ? They scared themselves out of Hershey and Pocono.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    OLDSMAN likes this.
  15. I should be there friday and sat. We have to keep a eye to the sky, the weather has been wild and dangerous in some areas. York and lancaster county usually get hit hard.:( Be safe everyone. Damn we have a tornado watch up right now.

16. ...............Wrong. Seems I remember they were also at Carlisle way back, but It could be bad memory. This just seems like a concerted effort on their part to cause a disruption in the NSRA camp by coming to the exact same venue 2 months later. If someone is coming from New York, Jersey, the Carolinas or anywhere else for that matter, they may think twice about coming to NSRA and hold off for the GG event. What with the cost of hotels, food, entry fees, fuel, etc. not everyone can afford both, so a decision has to be made. It's no big secret that the NSRA event @ York has been on the decline for a number of years. This could cause lots of folks to pass it up and wait for the GG event.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Dino 64, OLDSMAN, OLSKOOL57 and 4 others like this.
  17. Current weather forecast is looking pretty good. A little cooler, less humid Saturday and Sunday with the "ever-present" chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Looks to be only about 20 or 30% chance at the moment, I'm sure that could change. When I tell a friend of mine that there is a 20% chance of rain, he always reminds me that means there is an 80% chance that it won't!!

18. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

Ha that's funny my buddy Hutch tells me the same thing. I say it's an 80% chance they will change the forecast.

19. ..............................So very true.:)

Dino 64 likes this.
  20. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The weather people never get fired.

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. 5window

5window

York is about 2 hours away from me and I have been going for years. Sadly, though, it has really been going downhill. Fewer and fewer cars and most of those are ones I have already seen. Vendors used to fill up both halls and be outside, now they've got semis parked inside and you could turn one around in the aisle as big as the aisles are. I think I'm going to use my time and go to Ford Carlsisle and look up stuff for my OT '65 original Mustang. Hope me not being there encourages a huge turnout!

22. My good friend (a die-hard Ford guy) usually goes to Ford Carlisle on Friday and ducks over to York for Saturday. This morning he called and said he's still going to Carlisle but won't be coming to York.

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  23. York has changed over the last 10 years or so. I am afraid the glory days of this show will never return. Remember when you went to york and saw so many traditional hotrods your head would spin? I do.

24. ...........Sadly, I believe you are correct.

25. I remember the Bull roast and camping at Timonium Md. And camping at York. So many good memories from Nats East. If they bring back camping. I'm sure the knuckledrager's gang will be there next year. $ 3.00 lol Ron.... 20190529_200235.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

A bunch of us went every year, up until 6 or 7 years ago, now I can't get anyone to go. I might go on Saturday in my modern car, not in a street rod. It's mostly Mustangs, Camaros and Tri-Fives now, not my thing.

sidevalve8ba likes this.
  27. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

If that was true I wouldn't be going. It's not my thing either. Certainly there are some there, but they are far outnumbered by the 48 and older cars.

28. ..............I'm not defending NSRA by any means, but that's just not the case, not at all. The vast majority of cars are still pre-48.

Dino 64, dan31, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  29. The "Super Prize" program is nothing like it used to be. Remember when they gave away a new S-10 pick-up and Apple Chevrolet of York donated a brand new crate motor. Those days are long gone, but the entry fee hasn't gone down.:eek:

Dino 64, OLSKOOL57, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  30. Right you are Don. The Prize program was once fantastic.

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.