Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *****Chevrolet wins Indy*****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, May 26, 2019.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Wasn't Louise Chevrolet a french guy?????

2. IS THE PAINT DRY YET??

3. Deuces

Deuces

I hope so.... :rolleyes:

4. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Had a portable TV beside a septic tank hole that a water absorption (leach) test was being done. The septic tank hole had more excitement than the Indy cookie cutters.

Atwater Mike and jetnow1 like this.
  5. robracer1

robracer1

If you can just forget who makes who for what you may or can enjoy racing again, lets talk about this weekend great Indy race glade to see Roger Penske get #18 and a positive note a Chevy Corvette lead the first 4 laps driven by Dale Jr.
    F1 race I think I saw a race car past another race car maybe,
    just don't care for F1.
    world 600, for a change they fixed the cars so they can pass each other it was a better race than years pass, happy with Truex win and any race baby Busch can win is a good thing, I hate mile and a half tracks and that race should be 400 miles!
    Ok here's the deal I enjoy Indy racing on ovals and road racing tracks and have my favorite racer's and don't care what they they drive ( different names but built the same)
    Like nascar at the 2.5 mile tracks, 1 mile and under tracks and really enjoy them road courses, I have my favorite racer's and away's like to see under dogs do well. Don't care what brand they drive, they are all the same with different names.
    Enjoy Historic drag racing but do care for funny cars and top fuel that run a 1,000 feet in 3.5 seconds, could blink and miss something.

6. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Ilmor is a British engine builder. Alonso is Spanish, but he didn't qualify his British McLaren. I think we should spot all predominantly American teams with a two lap credit, so we can be proud.

7. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Not really a rabid Indycar fan, and maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't understand why a race would restart after a red flag, and then spend almost half the remaining race under yellow. Should be called the Indy 480.

Deuces likes this.
  8. Absolutely
    Doesn’t get more American than that
    A melting pot of ingenuity from around the world

Deuces and Special Ed like this.
  9. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

How dare those furriners bring their furrin made crap to our All American race, never saw that back in the day

Capture indy-1.JPG Capture indy-2.JPG

olcurmdgeon, Special Ed and Fordors like this.
  10. big john d

big john d
    from ma

chevy only paid the engine maker for a small one

11. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Pretty sure he was Swiss born.

deucemac likes this.
  12. toml24

toml24

The yellow after the red was excessive, unnecessary, to build up heat into the tires. The passing at the end was an "act", all for show, no one wanted to lead except the last lap.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  13. guy1unico

guy1unico

The drivers are some of the bravest individuals on this planet. Couch potatoes and bench racers need to go to a race or two and tell me the whole put together is not amazing.

robracer1, nunattax and Deuces like this.
  14. Deuces

Deuces

I've been to M.I.S. twice to watch Indy cars race.... Had a stop watch and timed Michael Andretti do the 2 mile track in 32 seconds....

Desmodromic likes this.
  15. I was 14 years old when my dad & I attended the 1964 Indy 500 and saw A.J. Foyt win driving a front engine roadster, incidentally it was the last time a front engine car ran the 500.

And I also witnessed a horrifying fiery accident that took the lives of two drivers, there is no doubt in my mind technology has made the racing safer. HRP

OLSKOOL57, robracer1 and Deuces like this.
  16. deucemac

deucemac

Chevrolet financed the engines and Ilmor designed and built them. Hardly a small block Chevy. Only the bow tie is Chevrolet. Try going to your local dealer's parts department and buy one.

17. ALWAYS!

Ben

robracer1 likes this.
  18. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Not quite, the 65 500 had aprox. a 1/2dozen FE cars in the field. The last FE to qual. for the 500 was Jim Hurtubise's Mallard 1968.

Capture herk.JPG

Speedwrench and Deuces like this.
  19. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Wow, 281.25 mph! Ain't no furriner can match that!

Fact-Check -- Track is actually 2 miles, so this would be a realistic 225 mph. Paul Tracy has the qualifying record of 234.949 mph (30.65 seconds).

Deuces likes this.
  20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny thing to say on Memorial Day.

egads and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

Ok, you win.... I corrected it!...:oops:

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  22. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I hope you guys and gals don't mind it I take a while to rant.
    All of the cars at Indy are 99.9 % identical. What makes the difference is money. Of course Penske will win more races than Pippa Mann. He has an army of the most talented and expensive pit men, engine men, tire guys, and manufacturers available. He has backup everything. Those in the back have a definitive budget deficit. So much for engineering the rules for parity.
    With regards to NASCAR, all the cars are 99.9 % identical. Once again, make the rules tight so everyone has a chance to win; as long as you have a 4 or 5 car stable, a hundred or so support staff, and so on and on.
    And then there is the NHRA. Three professional classes, leased engines in pro stock, DSR owning most everything but the air, Force with a fleet of tractor/trailers which includes a complete weather station. Gary Densham really has a chance.
    I guess that's progress but I would rather see innovation by grass roots individuals but the days of Valasco, Mooneyham & Sharp, Al Marcellus, Leon Fitzgerald... all gone.
    I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Apologies.
    Thanks to all of the fallen who have given all, including George Fazzah (16W line 84)

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

24. With you on the Blue Logo! Haha...
    891E8906-D519-4D14-97E3-3FCB8BA54861.jpeg

Deuces likes this.
  25. Excuse me, the last time a front engine roadster and won!. HRP

[​IMG]

s55mercury66, MMM1693, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  26. silent rick

silent rick

cornelison really nailed back home again in indiana.

it brought a tear...

robracer1 and Speedwrench like this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My wife said "Don't watch the 500. It's just scaled up Go-Karts..."
    Right as rain. Not one front engined American 'roadster' in the bunch.
    DID catch the little yellow 'Formula Chevy' come over the finish line, though...
    Announcer said "Two hundred and fourteen M.P.H.!"
    Wife Joey: "Our 'stuff' flies at a buck-forty...We must need ground effects..."
    I turned off the T.V.

Deuces likes this.
  29. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I don't watch Indy or stock car racing any more. Its just cubic money as we used to say. I liked it when a stock block build by Smokey or Mickey was in the mix or an independent owner was involved in Indy racing. Stock cars are even worse. I would like to see Nascar rewrite the rules that the cars have to be the car with the actual engine it came with and let cubic inch to weight be the factor.

silverdome, egads and Deuces like this.
  30. gene-koning

gene-koning

Gee, I missed both the big TV races. Maybe I can catch them next year.

We went to a local dirt track Sunday evening. It was our 1st time at that track. Hot laps started at 5:30. 6 classes, 115 cars! 35 IMCA "B" Modified cars! They pretty much ran the races back to back and the last race was done at about 11:30. Lots of good racing, with a few classes with short numbers that turned out to be run a ways, but it was a long, fun night. Sure beat watching a few laps of racing between endless commercials. Gene

Sky Six likes this.