Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Which one to take?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brokedownbiker, May 27, 2019.

1. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's 10 a.m. on a warm sunny Memorial Day and I'm sitting here trying to decide whether to take out one of the old cars or hop on my Harley to go enjoy the day.

Anybody else go through this agony regularly?

swade41 likes this.
  2. Bikes are dangerous for Holidays....TOO many drunks loose on the roads..

3. Four hours each and then clean and shine the toys while enjoying a few beers before the sun sets.;)

Deuces and scotty t like this.
  4. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

It’s raining, again. It’s going to keep raining through today, tomorrow, and if the forecast is right, Thursday.

Take one. Take both. Go enjoy ‘em while you can.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.

5. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same drunks are on the road when I'm in my car... and I can't maneuver as well in the car. And I'll be damned if I'll let a drunk keep me off the road.

Hnstray and Deuces like this.
  6. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm... I'm liking this plan!

See ya on the road!!

Deuces likes this.
  7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't matter.....just get off the internet and go do SOMETHING ! :)

Caprice89, Hnstray, swade41 and 3 others like this.
  8. Take it from me, being hit by a drunk driving a car hurts a lot less than being hit on a motorcycle, you usually don't walk away from a 2 wheeled accident, after the second times I gave up motorcycles, I will always walk with a limp.

I drove the old beater to pick up our youngest granddaughter this morning, and drove the '50 to the grocery store for those last minute items for this evenings BBQ.

Now trying to figure some excuse to drive Brenda's wagon somewhere, I am fortunate to have a few cars to choose from but don't miss the motorcycles at all. HRP

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Truck64, Deuces, da34guy and 2 others like this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    At the time, we had our 2nd 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery 327, auto, A/C, etc. and a Harley custom Sportster. Being twenty something, the Sportster took first priority this time. The wind in our hair, the sound of the Harley, the coastal drives with the views were pretty spectacular, plus, there was a set of arms around me that gave me warmth and support. Granted, the same cruise in the 40 Ford Sedan Delivery was made on a daily basis, but when there was time to mess around, the Harley came out to play.
    upload_2019-5-27_16-42-29.png
    Around where we lived, any cruise on any holiday was around our neighborhood. It wasn't even down the hill to the rest of the city because of the traffic. Those crazy drivers celebrating or in a rush to get home filled up the major highway north/south. Our rides were done on a non-holiday weekend and early in the morning. If a friend was going to have some kind of celebration of sorts, then we knew the back roads through the city to get where we wanted to be for the afternoon/night. (Then it was Harley time...)

Jnaki
    It depends on where you live, but we have been through that county many times. It is a beautiful area for lots of empty road driving, just not on a major holiday. Especially, not in the afternoon, when most are sunburned, tired, maybe a little high, and in a hurry to get home.

These days, being over the twenty-something era, we are tired of the craziness all over and wish to stay at home with family and friends.

Hnstray likes this.
  10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Got rid of my street bikes except for a enduro I've had since my teens. There are only so many roadster driving days in Minnesota to split driving time between them. Solved my dilemma of what I'll drive. Not to mention way too much distracted driving nowadays even though there are way more bikes on the road now compared to when I rode a lot.

11. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Yup. My wife and I were riding my bike back from Key West. Around Mile 19 we approached a stalled car on our side of the highway and an oncoming cop was slowing to assist. The car behind the cop braked for the cop and I watched the car-behind-the-car continue on until he panic stopped, swerved over into our side of the roadway and locked em up. I swerved onto the shoulder just missing the disabled car and the oncoming idiot.
    Later at our campsite a woman said "How dangerous to be out there on a bike!" to which I said If I had been in a car I would have had nowhere to go, hit head-on and been messed up pretty bad.

classiccarjack likes this.
  12. gene-koning

gene-koning

We took the fender and wiper less pickup for a ride to get breakfast. It started to rain before we got home, but it was OK. After lunch, the sun came out and we took another ride in the pickup. No rain that time. We took the coupe for a ride to get supper, it has fenders and wipers, didn't need either.

Sometimes its difficult to decide which ride to take, such a problem to have, but we will probably survive. When in doubt, take them both for a short ride. Gene

13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I took my OT pickup to Home Depot to pick up some bag cement this morning. This afternoon I crawled up in the Freightliner and started my work week about 3 PM. Off time was good while it lasted, just didn’t last long enough.

14. I definitely know your problem, to many rides and not enough places to go, last week I had to feed a friend's pets for 3 days, drove something different each day. The neighbors probably were going crazy, roadster first day, then shovelhead, the truck for the last...ha ha

20160903_194642.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And you took a picture of a mustang on the way to the butcher shop? :cool:

Hnstray likes this.
  16. Wheres the hot rod?

17. mopacltd

mopacltd

Just a different form of a Hot Rod

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, for those that did go out for a ride where are the pics?

David Gersic likes this.
  19. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ended up spending the day on the bike, couldn't have asked for a better day (no pix, I only stopped for gas). Logged almost 250 miles by the time I rolled back into the garage; after over 40 years on two wheels it still trips my trigger. Lol, at my age, it also leaves me achey, sore, and limping for a couple of days but damn, is it worth it!
    The '41 Chevy will be on the road for the rest of the week- gotta share the love, ya understand!

classiccarjack, swade41 and jnaki like this.
  20. 6sally6

6sally6

Oh mannnnnnnnnnn...you should hear it!!!!
    Hell..........you should ride in it!!:)
    Had a friend describe it this way.........."my butt hole was squeezed so tight...you couldn't drive a hat pin in it with a sledgehammer!"
    That was the 1st-to-2nd gear shift!

21. Mustangs are cool, they are just off topic but you already know that. HRP

22. So its a fast muscle car,im comfused
    ...im sorry,do i need to go back outside?
    I dont want to ruin this nice linoleum.

23. 6sally6

6sally6

:):):):):)
    Relax pal.............it Saul GoodMan!!

You know......I really didn't!! I thought I made it (year-wise) just under the wire. What we don't talk Mustangs or the R-word?!
    I'll try to keep post of my "purty" car to my self!:(:(
    6sally6