Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Getting close

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Colemire, May 26, 2019.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

It may not be period correct but I wanted to share a pic of my sedan, trying to get it on the road here shortly.

Attached Files:

fastcar1953, Latigo, chop job and 9 others like this.
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I like it! Show us more sometime...

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  3. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

4. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

This is at a different angle, lights in the garage makes it look lighter at the cowl. It's a titanium gray metallic.

loudbang and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  5. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

Wow-impressive this machine looks like it’s all business. Really dig your rims and tire combo.

loudbang and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  6. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked at a '30 similar in design to yours yesterday afternoon. I have always loved the look of those old cars but I just don't see how anybody fits in them, lol.
    I'm 5' 7" and I could barely wedge my butt into the car. I don't see how a 6 footer could even manage to get in them. Did you modify the firewall/seat location/ steering column? I'm interested to know how modern folks (are we really that much bigger than they were back then?) make them comfortable.
    BTW, it is a beautiful car; the color is perfect for it!

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like it! Just curious what it would look like with some header tweaking, hope you dont mind a look at a different idea with help from my amateur skills, just for fun :) upload_2019-5-26_19-12-18.png

8. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

What do you have left to do?
    It's looking good!

9. RDR

RDR

Got one, brokedownbiker, and ain't too difficult to get in...Open the door poke your butt in and layback onto the seat that is 1/2 way back into rear window...grab the steering wheel that is where the driver used to sit, fire up and throttle away with your feet stretch out to the firewall....6'1 here and getting so old that a couple hours drive and the getting OUT is the hard part, LOL

Attached Files:

Latigo and Gammz like this.
  10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Think you are spot on with gray wheels against the body color. Nice , nice , nice.

loudbang likes this.
  11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

A Tudor you have all the room in the world to sit real comfy like. My '27 T Tudor has all the room you need even if you played for Trail Blazers. :D

12. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I don't have a back seat, I have the seat back some, I'm 6 ft. What's hard is with the trans tunnel, I built this one close as I could to the trans, Master cyl is behind the dash, couldn't put it under the floor and I didn't want it sticking out on the firewall, redone the pedal assy and built the throttle pedal so I have room for my size 11's. I used a tube type column and the old style turn signal assy for looks, made my column drop out of a alum rod from a friends blower motor that bit the dust. As far as what I have to do is, interior, I have low back seats with covers, I have quarter glass but I'm taking it to a guy that is going to cut me the rest. $200 on it so I can't pass it up. Need to get the engine fired up as soon as I get the alt brackets built and a belt on it. Ordered a set of Moroso under headers wires. A bunch of little stuff, the top will be last, I can drive it without it, I have the vinyl kit to do it. Got some dash parts if anyone needs them, I have no use for them.

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  13. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

really cool. like it.

14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Thanks for all the great comments.

15. belair

belair

Looks good. Get' r done and drive it.

16. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I can see how that would solve the problem, RDR. I've got two bum knees and bending them to clear the door frame is a struggle in a lot of cars so I know exactly what you're saying!

Mike, the car is a beauty and it looks like you will be out cruising before too long. Make sure you get some pictures of your first trip out onto the road- it is a milestone you will want to remember!

loudbang likes this.
  17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That's one cool Hot Rod!
    KK

loudbang likes this.
  18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

mighty purdy - which exhaust setup going to run?

loudbang likes this.
  19. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

How much is it chopped?

20. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Chopped 3 inches. Going to run the exhaust under the rocker down the side of the frame. I got the alt brackets made today and a few more things done.

loudbang and low budget like this.