Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Welcome a new hotrod to the world, chopped coupe,Y Block, 4spd, black

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garage2small, May 4, 2018.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mail-slot rear windows look cool but can obstruct a driver's view. Your rear window treatment leaves people wondering about the chop until they walk around to its side and is just another unique feature of a very unique build. Drive it like you stole it ! ! !

2. garage2small

garage2small

Already got several hundred miles on the coupe and it's performing beyond expectations! It's been close to ninety degrees in Knoxville the last couple of days and the temps on that Walker cooled Y block stay at a consistent 175 degrees no matter the speed on the hwy or around town. In heavy stop and go traffic it might creep up to 185. I have heard reports of the foreign made S W gauges giving problems but these operate flawlessly. Oil pressure and voltage is right where it should even with the 70 year old rebuilt generator. As you have probably noticed the car has several design and functional not usually seen on A's. The one that has paid the biggest dividends is the 32 cowl vent, with that opened there is cool air constantly blowing on my feet even on these 90 degree days. If your building an A , I highly recommend this modification. My morning drive was to the Foothills Parkway at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a great road with fantastic scenery! 20180513_124123.jpg

54BOMB, Eisenmann, akoutlaw and 7 others like this.
  3. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Amen Brother, enjoy your retirement!

loudbang and garage2small like this.
  4. The next time someone asks me what I think is the perfect hot rod...Im showing them this. What a spectacular build!

5. garage2small

garage2small

And that sir is the perfect compliment! On behalf of the Barillaro brothers I thank you and everyone else who has complimented the coupe. And the best part for me is drives every bit as good as it looks.

dana barlow, Blue One, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  6. garage2small

garage2small

The coupe was decorated with it's 41 Ford hub caps today and also got the door glass installed. it is amazing the difference the addition of those caps make in the appearance of the car! Also posting a photo of the 17" 20180515_164720.jpg 20180515_174002.jpg steering wheel with the holes drilled in the spokes, it looks right at home with Jim's hand made dash insert. Only thing left to complete the car are the interior panels and the roll up cover for the top opening, but the upholsterer doesn't have an opening for two months, but it will be driven hard and frequently anyway!

7. garage2small

garage2small

I'm no Dan Greenberg or Tom Davidson, but I thought this shot of my coupe was pretty good. 20180515_174053.jpg

alfin32, fauj, arkiehotrods and 12 others like this.
  8. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

WOW !!!! That's beautiful !!! GREAT CAR !!!!

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'll say it again, I really like your coupe.
    I need one similar to it next to my RPU as a garage mate.

10. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

BEAUTIFUL COUPE.

loudbang likes this.
  11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well now, and coming from a Chevrolet guy, I'd say you got it right !!! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

loudbang likes this.
  12. garage2small

garage2small

20180515_164747.jpg Got the removable canvas top insert for the coupe today, I will run without it till cold weather unless I get caught in the rain. 1.jpg

13. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

Sooooooo NICE !!!!
    Love the car , it turned out great !!

loudbang likes this.
  14. v8flat44

v8flat44

Dare to be different......and way tooo koool. The car is awesome & Y blocks rule ! mike

loudbang likes this.
  15. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Killer coupe! love it!

16. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Coupe looks great all around! Be proud of your ride and enjoy. Can't wait to post pics of my coupe finished up here soon so i'm a little jealous of you but not for long... ha ha Congrats

17. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

Congratulations on a awesome looking hot rod!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. garage2small

garage2small

The Y Brock Coupe is one year old this month, I have had the joy of driving it 7000 trouble free miles in the past 12 months and plan on driving it even more in the coming year. Those Barillaro boys build "top shelf" dependable hot rods! 3 (2).jpg

alfin32, fauj, arkiehotrods and 8 others like this.
  19. Love it, but hey, you knew that already.:D;)

20. 31 Chopped Coupe

31 Chopped Coupe

Now that is nice!!! Does the top try to lift off at speed? Wanting to do something like that for my coupe as I like to run with the roof open when its warm. How about some closeups of the roof area with and without the top. Once again, super impressive!!!

21. garage2small

garage2small

The top doesn't show any sign of coming loose at speed. The snaps are the only thing that holds it down there are no straps. The most important thing is to have spot on measurements for the snaps in the canvas and on the body to insure a tight fit.

arkiehotrods and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. mohead1

mohead1

Must be nice to have the cash to get someone to build a car for you. It is a well done car w perfect chop

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  23. 54BOMB

54BOMB

What’s that insulation you’re using ?

24. garage2small

garage2small

I was fortunate to be able to pay some one to build my car, but I would much rather have had the skills to do it my self. "Built not bought is way cooler"!

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. garage2small

garage2small

The white material you see on the inside of the body is ice and water shield used in commercial roofing, is a tar like/rubbery sheet with the white plastic sheeting on one side. It is very sticky and adheres to any clean surface. It's about 1/10 the price of the well known automotive insulation and sound deadening products. I added a second layer of a similar foil backed product before the upholstery was installed. That was also a peel and stick product for sealing around house windows before the siding is installed. It' available at Lowes or Home Depot. The 4" wide rolls work best, enough to do the whole car was less than $25. It was on the car for 6 months before it was upholstered so I know it stays put and helps a lot with sound and heat transfer.

26. 49toad

49toad

Nice car and great picture.

27. mohead1

mohead1

I understand and not ribbing you, just a comment....im jealous obviously. And Im a neighbor, i live over near Oak Ridge and have a 30 Coupe myself.....

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    catdad49 likes this.
  28. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    7000 miles is a testimony of Mike and Jim's prowess and expertise and your foresight as to what was envisioned. Well done, Sir!

brady1929 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. garage2small

garage2small

I drove the Y Brock coupe from Tennessee to New Jersey for TROG 2019 and it turned over 10,000 trouble free miles since completion 18 months ago. That says a lot about the talent of the Barillaro brothers.

30. Back up just in case anyone might have missed this very special Coupe before.......Don.