Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel cell/gas tank question........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caffeine, Jun 10, 2006.

1. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

looking to put a box-type tank in my 29 sedan, have the perfect spot for it...right now i have a spun alum and its taking up way too much space, and the filler is on the tank so i have to fill it through the window...which is going to suck...when i actually have windows..

id like to put a filler neck above the wheel well. can i just get a regular fuel cell and run a filler neck to it? do they sell filler necks? can i use a mix of exhuast tubing and rubber hose? what are you guys doing...

thanks

-Rob

p.s. chopped the top on it another 3 inches for a total of almost 7 inches...looks awesome. pics to follow in anotehr thread.

2. mikekillstheday

mikekillstheday

7 inches off the top? I HAVE TO SEE THE PIC!

3. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

Yes you can get filler neck hardware that bolts to a fuel cell. Try Jegs & Summit & see what they have. Make *damn* sure you use only gas/fuel rated rubber hose for any connections.
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

Every day of my life forces me to add to the list of people that can KISS MY ASS!

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

yeah what he said, the bolt right on :) realy diggin were your going with this car

tim

5. sawzall

sawzall

rob, YOU MUST use "fuel transfer hose" rubber radiator hose will not get it done.. (but take a seat when you price it) locally I buy it from a hydraulics store

I try to use as little of the stuff as possible.. most of the filler neck on my cars are steel exhaust tubing bends and such with a few inches of hose ONLY where necessary.. (did I mention that the stuff is expensive.)

sawzall

6. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

thanks, thats the route im probably going to go. is there a place that will make a tank to size? or what?

7. If you search, there was a thread I started last week that shows all kinds of ideas for A gas tanks, including a couple of options for sedans - someone also provided a link to fuel cells in a lot of different sizes, maybe one will be right for what you want -

8. Flatman

Flatman

There's lots of sites that'll sell you a plastic cell, but they seem to be mostly in standard sizes (circle track or drag cells) I had limited space, so welded one up from 1/8" plate to fit. Real heavy but it fits and came in just over 11 gal.

Flatman