Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Devil69

Devil69
    from Glen Ellyn

2. Devil69

Devil69
    from Glen Ellyn

3. chucky1

chucky1

4. chucky1

chucky1

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  5. Very nice pics. Thanks for posting

6. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

X2!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. I talked to Tyler for the first time since last Sunday. Nothing finalized yet but we are working on some things. The possible three day event could be the last weekend in September. With cooler; dryer conditions we think this could work out. He is on board with a fx and gasser race with payouts as a separate deal within the overall race. He is also ok with a dragster eliminator if the car count is eight or larger. The back area on the right side of the track is currently being cleared to accommodate two hundred extra cars. Flyers will be printed soon if this is a go. We will use Joel naprestak to create a collectable period correct flyer. We would also use his expertise to create another cool t shirt. Tyler and I are on this. I'm racing in the summit midwest drag and drive race in the first week of June so I don't think anything will be announced before then. Stay tuned in.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  8. chucky1

chucky1

Sounds good Brian.

loudbang and racer-x like this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

I guess I could just take my time coming home from Drag Week :)

10. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

chucky1, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  11. Last week I heard several guys say they didn't know about the race until just before the event. That tells me there was a failure somewhere getting the word out. We all need to do a better job getting the word out. I would like to see this grow into the must attend race of the year. It's the passion for real nostalgia racing that keeps me going with this. I don't get any money for this. I did get a free t shirt out of the deal.

12. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

I appreciate your hard work and devotion.. people like you get us lazy butts motivated to get stuff done, and for that I thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I was on a lot of pit crews for a free shirt and food back in the day... It's doing it, and the experience that makes it so worth while. I really hope that I can at least spectate in September...

Nicholas Coe, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Brian, you have got me more interested in racing than I thought I ever would be. Thanks for putting in your time. It was a great event. I do believe that it might be a event that people have to choose between, Rockfalls Fallout, or George Rays. Maybe it will turn into a north south thing. I love the atmosphere at George Rays, but after driving 2000 miles for Drag Week, not sure I want to get home and drive another 1500. At this point I am on the fence, but for anyone that goes to George Rays you will have a great time.
    Tony

loudbang and classiccarjack like this.
  15. Tony I came to work today to find out one our product reps is brain dead. He is only in his mid forties. He passed out in a parking lot. He was resuscitated three times. Now he has no possible recovery. I see these things on a very regular basis. All I can say is get in your fun whenever you can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. You will have two plus weeks to recover from drag week.

16. I was kinda hoping you all would get the scales working and have a Pounds of weight per cubic inch classes?

17. squirrel

squirrel

2017, my wife and I went to the Meltdowns in July (it ended up being over 3500 miles round trip), hauled the little Chevy II up there. Then in August my brother and I went on the LeMons Rally up the west coast in the Corvair, then I headed over to Idaho to see the eclipse with my son, at least 4000 miles. In the beginning of September, Dan and I drove the Chevy II up to Wisconsin on Drag Week. That was probably close to 4000 miles altogether.

A fun summer...

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  18. George Ray's does not have scales. Even if they did who would want to weigh a few hundred cars? That's alot of work no one is going to volunteer for. Weight is not the big equalizer at this track it comes down to a properly set up car and a skilled driver.

Nicholas Coe, Gammz, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  19. Well I got my answer!

20. southcross2631

southcross2631

would a legal SEGA car be able to run in your Gasser classes ? My Morris Minor will be done and ready by then . I need to know a date as SEGA has a race in Knoxville,Tn. on the 28th of September and that's only an hours pull from my house. Thanks.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  21. Yes. I would like to see alot of seg there.
    I would like to see Tyler book in a eight car show. The midwest nostalgia super stocks will be at sikeston again on Sept 28th. I spoke to them last Sunday. They would make the short drive to George Ray's. The mss are a entertaining group. The cars look right and pull crazy wheelies. Most of them can run 8.5 in the quarter mile.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Nicholas Coe, Gammz, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  22. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Holy crap! That's quick! I got to pit on a real deal 1968 BO Barracuda. It was also in the 8's crazy yet fun to watch.

23. southcross2631

southcross2631

I googled it. It's about 430 miles from Athens. Tn.

loudbang likes this.
  24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well that’s just across the street and down the road a piece lol

chucky1 and loudbang like this.
  25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I can tow 500-600 miles a day easily. I wish that I had one of my cars ready to run... Boo!

loudbang likes this.
  26. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I googled it... The track is 1804 miles from my doorstep. Holy crap balls Batman! If I were to do this, it would be quite an endeavor. We shall see what the future brings.

Doctorterry and loudbang like this.
  27. southcross2631

southcross2631

It was a lot closer than I thought it was ,so if there is no conflict with the SEGA schedule I will be there.

loudbang and racer-x like this.
  28. that sounds great. glad to have ya.

29. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Jim, it sure is nice to be retired ain't it. I believe that I also have to support my local track. We have all seen tracks close because nobody shows up to race.

Brian, I know all about dropping over early in life, just lost another good friend last july. I have been enjoying life and not taking it for granted for a long time, part of the reason I acquired your old motor. I have only had my truck on the road since August of 2017 and have over 17000 driven miles on it and I drag race it. Its not the fastest truck , but everytime I race it I try to get a better time.

Would I like to do everything that I want to in life when I want to yes, do I get to no. I am still waiting to see how everything goes this summer, just remember, I will be racing somewhere.
    Tony

30. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Here is a video I finally got together of the riff raff falcon and my poison Ivey dodge thought I would share

Dog_Patch, rocketsled59, fauj and 9 others like this.