Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 buick super custom ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by d-rod!, Aug 22, 2014.

1. d-rod!

d-rod!

I just picked up a 55 buick super hardtop. I think it would make a bad ass custom, mostly stock right now. I don't want to chop it as I like the roof line now. Im thinking the usual fare , shaved handles, nosed ,decked, frenched lights . my issues are with what to do with the rear lights, bumper and rear wheel openings, Im not crazy about the side trim either although it gonna need something . if you guys have any ideas or pics I would love to hear or see them...

2. AlkyWagon

AlkyWagon

View attachment 2697436

This guy used fender skirts and different side trim. Another idea on the rear wheelwells would be grafting '57 Chevrolet (or similar) wheelwell openings to the quarters. I'm not crazy about the factory Buick wheelwell openings, either.

Attached Files:

3. 1955soup

1955soup

Hey man, just picked up a ‘55 Super and wondering what did you decide!? Send some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Uncle Ronn

Uncle Ronn
    from Modesto CA

These cars are super bitchin 'with the mild custom treatment...they just don't need much.(see the mild custom thread)
    I think it is a lot harder to keep restrained as far as 55 Buicks go.