Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods This is a gasser look at the details (shake ,rattle and run)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jailbird, May 22, 2019.

1. JFK Killer

JFK Killer

I was waiting for someone to say it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...I guess not all Hotrod was not Wine and Roses and it certainly was anything but. The Hamb is based on the history good or bad. Sugarcoating isn't policy.

It certainly doesn't make the Hotrod Chevy any less Nasty.

Hoodlum...I use it jokingly but some made Hoodlums look innocent...:eek:

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

At one point the car was actually forfeited, to either the US government or the State of Illinois, I have read both versions somewhere. Unfortunately there is more than one tale of criminal activity funding race cars, from circle track to road racing and anything in between. For instance, look at the disappearances of Mario Rossi or John Paul, Sr. As for Shake Rattle and Run, I would still like the '60's version at my house.

Stogy likes this.
  4. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could be mistaking but, I think the feds seized the pro mod version. Legend has it, that, the original was very well hidden because the Messino's knew what was gonna go down. Like I said, legend though.

5. loudbang

loudbang

Not 100% sure on this one but it's real close.

posted by hemidav in the vintage thread.

[​IMG]

41 coupe likes this.
  6. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tag... Not it! LOL! It is close though.

loudbang likes this.
  7. The shake rattle and run car was at union grove this weekend. I showed dick this thread. He could remember all the places and dates of the pics posted here.
    To clear up some things here he said there were only three cars. The one I'm picturing here is the original. He opened the door to show me the vintage tag. He stated he has the title also. The vinyl top that's on it today is the same one from around 1967. There were a few accidents with the car over the years requiring new quarters and a trunk to be put on. One happened at the grove turning off the track. The opponent on the inside lane didn't turn and hit the rear of the car. The car from the eighties they still have. The confiscated pro mod was sold at a government auction to some guys in Missouri. It was painted black and ran a hemi. Last year it was destroyed in a crash.
    He seemed truly interested in this thread. Maybe he will post a comment or two. The car ran in the low 6s tonight. 20190526_170320.jpg 20190526_170330.jpg 20190526_170555.jpg 20190526_170735.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What better a way to connect the dots than to meet those where the Heart and Soul evolved from and still breathes the passion...Thanks @racer-x...very kind of you...;)

loudbang likes this.
  9. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks racer-x! That will definitely clear up alot of misconceptions and urban legends!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  10. jailbird

jailbird

This is totally awesome I was wondering if it really would be there as mentioned earlier
    and I was hoping who ever went to the grove dodged the weather
    sounds like a great deal I wish I would have came up to the drags.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  11. When I showed dick the pics from the indoor drags he said they won it because they put a tool box in the trunk that weighed about 300 lbs. The floor was very slippery. They were the only one that could hook up. He said at that time the car was running a stroked and bored 283. It ran in the 12s at that time. Dick has his back to the camera and is wearing the dark jacket. I never asked why the other car was confiscated as I felt it was not my business. I think the next time I run into them I will shoot a video interview and record the whole story.

loudbang, s55mercury66 and Stogy like this.
  12. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A video would be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! To get the story straight from the horse's mouth, all facts! I know that many of us would be extremely appreciative of a video like that, myself included!

loudbang and quick85 like this.
  13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

When that feature ran in Cars, I drooled over it, dreaming that I would one day own a '57 as cool as that one :cool: 40 plus years later, I still have the well worn magazine, and still dreaming. Like Bo Hopkins said, that's one bad ass Chevy.

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.