Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Where to find a Vintage Car Club Jacket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doug Illsley, May 24, 2019.

1. Doug Illsley

Doug Illsley

Anybody know of an outfit or person that has a collection of vintage car club jackets? I'm look for a jacket that has this on the back. Had one back in the '60's. Any help would be appreciated. car plaque.jpg

2. Take the plaque to your local screen printing shop and they can duplicate the design. HRP

3. You're likely going to have to find the appropriate club "style" jacket and get a good seamstress to create the design on it. The chances of finding one from the sixties without moth holes is pretty remote.

41 GMC K-18 and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  4. manyolcars

manyolcars

There are websites that make anything you want on a jacket

41 GMC K-18 likes this.

5. Kevin Bennett

Kevin Bennett

I grew up in Yakima. Was The Galaxies Kustom Car Club?

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I grew up in Toppenish and cruised the Ave a lot of Friday nights between 1962 and 67 and don't remember ever seeing a Galaxy plaque. Never heard of the club either.
    There are a number of outfits around with the custom embroidery Machines now that can set them up and do a design like that pretty easily. Or screen printers.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  7. Doug Illsley

Doug Illsley

Hi Kevin, we were not a Kustom Car Club? Just a group of about 10 guys and the club didn't last very long maybe a couple years I believe.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.