Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Carl Caspers - Phone Booth T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colin HD, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Colin HD

Colin HD

2. Colin HD

Colin HD

Sorry, on closer inspection I don't think it is!
    Wish I had studied more in German class.

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I think it absolutely is! I'm comparing paint, eng., rad. shell, front susp., etc.

4. 2935ford

2935ford

Good thing it is just a show rod......can you imagine the wind drag! :)

5. No, this is not the BoothT, but a similar car that was built in the end of the 1970ies by Gerry Nimz in Burlington Kanada.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. gives new meaning to "mobile phone".
    GET OFF THE PHONE AND DRIVE!

Slopok and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Gman0046

Gman0046

What a waste of time and money. Whats the point?

8. Same thing is asked by non car people, and vintage car people, about Hot Rods. :D:eek:

9. I'll try to explain one perspective.

In 1917 most art looked like this
    IMG_1479237827.332804.jpg

Marcel Duchamp, a french artist living in NY was pissed off because the art establishment took themselves so seriously, and crapped on anyone they didn't like. He bought a toilet and entered it into an exhibition as is, and called it art. It pissed everyone off. Dada.
    IMG_1479238100.586719.jpg

His statement to the establishment "art is something to piss on"

Fast forward nearly 100 years, In December 2004, Duchamp's Fountain was voted the most influential artwork of the 20th century by 500 selected British art world professionals

Imagine it's the 1960's, your getting frustrated with the the growing exclusivity of the Custom/Hot Rod scene. Maybe someone put something in your brownies.....

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. 2935ford

2935ford

because they could!

11. Again..... This is not the Booth T but another Ford T with a phone booth and it was built in the 70s.
    That's what the description says - believe me, German is my mother tongue.

Gasser 57, kiwijeff and Sancho like this.
  12. Not the same car.
    upload_2016-11-15_14-58-25.jpeg
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff and Surfcityrocker like this.
  13. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I wasn't comparing to the blue one, as I couldn't bring up the listing. I assumed we were comparing the model box to the pic below it, which are the same car... Sorry

14. Paul, the link is the listing for the blue car.

Yep, that is the original car in the first post along with the model kit. It is far different than the blue one in the german ebay listing.

15. Ha, I should have taken the time to read it property, but I was in a hurry.
    Both are cooler than the toilet on a T Bucket chassis I saw for sale half way through this year. ;)

16. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I knew I musta been lookin' at the wrong car, when I saw the pics of the blue one. Thanks, Paul.

17. If I recall correctly Carl Casper still owns the original as he does virtually ALL of the cars he built. He displayed them at his annual show a couple years ago and his cars took up a whole building at the Fairgrounds in Louisville Kentucky. He may be doing this again in February 2017 as this will be his last show ever after 55 years.

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Reviving an old thread. I too built a Phone Booth, but it was on the rear of a custom tapered rectangular frame; 103" wheelbase, '22 T cowl. Side view could have been an overlay of Ivo's T, nice and straight.
    '62 Cad engine and trans, ('Slim Jim') narrow Pont. rear. Mor Drop up front, tube member, suicide spring over axle.
    Everybody was building weird cars, I started on this in '66. (Swear I never saw or heard of Casper, not 'til after I sold the crazy thing.
    But it was steel, and had the sheet metal up 40". (I trimmed about 8" off the bottom, it sat great)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Sorry, but in my honest opinion both are as ugly as a mud fence. :rolleyes: HRP

chryslerfan55 and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  20. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

FUGLY!!!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

It isn't about pretty or ugly. This sort of thing is how you attract younger people. In 1970 I was 13, and I thought these show rods were so effin cool. It lit a fire in me that still burns. Yeah, my tastes have changed over the years, and I expect that to continue. These cars hooked me. Then I learned to appreciate the more tasteful and traditional cars.