Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 Seat Adjuster Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, May 21, 2019.

1. My 32 Tudor sedan has stock seats, with the driver's on stock slides, but no adjuster mechanism. No way to lock it in place. The slides function as they should.

Anybody added a mechanism, have an extra stock one laying around, or added some type of lock to the stock slides?

2. xix32

xix32

I didn't think the sedans had seat adjusters, like the coupes did.

3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Tudor sedans had an adjuster only on the drivers seat.Here is a pic of a 33 tudor drivers seat which is similar.There is a guy selling a 32 drivers seat on FordBarn but only has the slides,no adjuster.Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I built my delivery I had saved front seats for many years. I had the complete tracks and the notched adjuster strap and the spring but it took me almost a year to find the little bracket that bolts to the floor and the notched strap goes thru. As many 2 doors as were built you would think the seat adjusters parts would be more available but they must have been tossed when the car was disassembled?

5. Thanks for the responses.
    Yes, the 33 adjuster looks like the 32's. Thanks for the pics. May have to make something similar.
    The coupe seat has an entirely different adjuster, which is also repro'd. No Tudor, tho.
    That seat on the FB is priced at $1000!! Ratty upholstery and no adjuster.

6. rusty valley

rusty valley

i have been trying to come up with a good pair of tracks for a 34 coupe seat. not repo'd, but brattons model a parts show a track for the 31 slant window sedan that looks close. i have some 32 or 3 tudor tracks, they are shorter than the coupe. brattons tracks are shorter than the coupe also, but may be correct for you

7. Bill, you may have to find it a part at a time, I know C & G Antique Auto has the seat adjusting handle and United Pacific has a reproduction seat adjuster available. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Danny, I think that those are for seat pan for coupe, cab, fordoor.
    Here's a Tudor's I got somewhere.
    Probably have to fab it.
    IMG_2174.JPG

9. Bill, your probably correct, that does look like the type of adjuster that was on my old black multidoor that still had the original seat. HRP

OLSKOOL57 and nochop like this.
  10. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Here is a close up of the adjuster.The square thing is in 2 parts and fits over the perforated bar.The spring hooks on to a tab and I made a stud that attaches to the floor .That top of the double studded bolt locks into the adjuster holes in different positions.Here is a close up pic with it installed in the car.Hope this helps

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Algoma56 likes this.
  11. Hey, thanks deuce lover! That helps A LOT!
    I did find pieces of one over on the Fordbarn, and can fab the rest.

12. clem

clem

So did both the fordor and 5 window coupes have adjustable seats ?

13. clem

clem

I have some of these parts come in box with my fordor, yet never knew what they were. Thanks.