Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weber Conversion jet sizes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StarDiero75, Jul 30, 2017.

1. StarDiero75

StarDiero75

As an update, I got everything but the air cleaner adapter. The last one I got was too big, though it said it fit 5 1/8" air cleaners. I got another coming from redline so hopefully this one works. I'll update again when I got it on. I'll probably do a YouTube thing since there isn't one.

2. StarDiero75

StarDiero75

I just made the video for the weber conversion and linked this forum to it as well.
    Thanks so much man for the jet sizes. The car runs smoother than ever and is real throttle touchy now.

Thanks a lot
    Ryan

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad it worked out!

4. Jim Whiteford

Jim Whiteford

Hi guys - I am planning to do the same kind of upgrade on my 61 wagon with '66 170. It currently has a SROD manual trans from an 81 ford pickup if that matters but am also planning a T5 upgrade. First I appreciate the time you both have taken to post all this information and also the YouTube video. So I have a couple questions.
    1. I have a pertronix on the vehicle. Seeing that this all talks about having an HEI do I have to swap the distributor for HEI or will the pertronix work?
    2. will the jet sizes listed which I understand are used on a 200 work for the 170 or am I on my own to figure that out and keep digging?

5. StarDiero75

StarDiero75

So if you have a 68 or 69+ distributor that has a mechanical advance, you can keep your current distributor. If not, you'll have to change it. You can do HEI, you can do the Duraspark (Ford electronic ignition), DS1, or DS11 distributor. There is a guy named wsa111 on the Fordsix forum. You can order one from him, and he'll custom curve it for you given your engine/drivetrain specs.

The jet sizes i have listed will run it rich i think. But I'd say it's safe to start here and work your way down. The jet sizes i have listed so far on the YouTube video are the current ones i finally have in the car. I think I'm gonna go up again on the primary jet due to running a little too lean for my liking under load.