Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's goin to LA Roadsters ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzr, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Badfella

Badfella

We'll be hanging and BBQ'ing in the shaded tree area a couple rows up from the train. Look for my 50 Chevy convertible and come have a beer.

2. That's funny! There's a Brucie comin' with me too (though he doesn't go by Brucie).
    Thanks for the tips. If needed, we could stay at a couple of locations. But within striking distance of the Roadsters gig we just want to avoid the "you should have booked 12 months ago" thing. Apart from the roadsters weekend, the plan is to get a loose shedule together which basically involves hot rod shops and related car stuff (plus food and drink). HAMBer garages would be a bonus.

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'm coming to the show from Dallas...not bringing a car this year though.

4. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

Thanks....will do :)

5. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

X38

Be sure to schedule for El Mirage the week before. You come a long way to miss the dirt.

DW

6. Ah shit Dan! See, this is what happens. I always say "you can't be everywhere on a Saturday night," but thanks for the heads up, we'll throw it into the equation. Yes, it's a magnet.

7. FONZI

FONZI

Plan to be there. Carless but there.

FONZI

8. bonesy

bonesy

I'll be there - I'm pumped - It'll be my first time.

9. Mike

Mike

I plan to drive out there in my Model T Touring. I should be at the So-Cal open house on Friday and I'll probably park with all of the Hop Up goons on Saturday.

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Taking the bird into Ontario Friday AM. Meeting a friend from Jerseyville Ill and one from Prescott AZ. Doing the SO-CAL gig on Friday, Spend Sat at Swap, Sunday looking at cars. I'll be the one in the 10 year old faded roadster show shirt.

11. thx-138jr

thx-138jr

Thats my Dad and 2 friends. They left south florida on Friday night and arrived in the LA area this morning. My dads is black and a orange 32 and a tan one. If you see them around say hi. They were at the NHRA cruise tonight and in Burbank this weekend befor the Roadster show.

Thx-138jr

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will be there on the outside from the inside because that is where the real show and cool people are if you know what I mean! Where is Franco?

13. i worked on a few cars in there over the years......i thought i was alone down here until the hamb. i think i've seen pictures of your car at betz paints.

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

Rolling Bones will be there...in the Hop Up booth...

15. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

I am still crossin my fingers but unless i sell the motor n trans in the classified i will be stayin home . maybe i should play the lotto this week .HAVE fun if i miss out . Yeah i know its a stretch the have fun part n all .

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We'll be more than likely under the trees in the center row doing the T-shirt hussle. I don't think that I need to bring any parts as most every body that goes knows what we sell. It's kind of a hassell bringing a table in the truck as well as bringing 2 roadsters. I'm up in Nor Cal this weeeknd anyway so It will be a mad thrash in order to get home in time to get everything all set up.
    Anybody coming down from the Santa Rosa area? I'm in my short bed chevy so if ya want ta hook up for some company on the way down, give me a hollar;) Probably leaving on Wed to go back to Pasadena.

17. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

is the swap meet over by sunday? I might have to work sat. just wondering if its worth driving 3 hours for sunday.

18. cruzr

cruzr

if you want the "juicy stuff" , early sat morn is the best hanginlow58

well by this time next Saturday, i will be at the show enjoyin myself and meetin Bruce from South Jersey and others, also seein old friends and a lot of great cars!~!

19. Marcy

Marcy

I'll be there all weekend in the swap area.
    Stop in at the Hi-Octane booth and say hi.

Marcy

20. hot rod teacher

hot rod teacher

Anyone from San Diego heading up there?

I work too dang much and need to make some "car buddies" again.

Josh.

21. Chris P

Chris P
    from Tucson

ill be there, we are leaving tucson thursday night at 8 or so so we can haul ass when nobodys on the road. As always ill be wearing my home made HAMB shirt. Casue im too poor to buy a real one

22. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

LOOKS like i will be hitchin a ride with jerry since i sold the motor and trans see ya all there we should be leaving around midnight fri maybe a lil later , just intime for the breakfast burritos !

23. Mike

Mike

I'll see ya'll there. I plan on hitting the road Friday morning around 4:00am or 5:00am. Over the weekend i discovered a problem with the rear end on the Model T, so it looks like I'll be driving the pie wagon ('57 Chevy Sedan Delivery).

Later, Mike

24. MilesM

MilesM

Plan on making it but not sure when or in what yet.

Jerry, Scooter, Mike, see you guys in the "back lot"!

25. Relay

Relay

see ya on the road, we should be leaving the mesa area around 6am, ill have my 57 pontiac and some buddies int a red 37 ford about 2" off the ground and another 30's purple air hog

26. Badfella

Badfella

We're leaving San Diego around 9AM on Friday if you want to cruise with us. Anyone else??

27. Painterman

Painterman

I'm goin on saturday. No car though, everythings in pieces:(

28. dirt

dirt

i'll be there on sunday in the '53. i have been going on fathers day since my grandfather was still alive. he was a hot rodder in the 40's he loved checking out the cars and telling us stories about his street racing days. man i miss him.

29. superfan99

superfan99

I'll be in the swap area all weekend, with my lazy daze & 32 roadster.

30. cruzr

cruzr

ok takin off about 6AM from my house ,should be there by 7

hope to see some of you guys there