Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bogus fender law "INTERPRETATION" In Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, May 17, 2019.

1. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpeg Wednesday May 22nd 5:00 PM till 8:00 PM in Delafield Wisconsin at the Delafield City Hall. Park your collector car (HOT ROD) and attend the meeting that Senator Chris Kapenga is having. Might be a good time to tell him politely how you think the Wisconsin State Patrol is doing!
    If it is raining, bring your family car.....the head count is what counts!

Spread the word

2. A Boner

A Boner

Share this info....bump it to the front page please!

46international likes this.
  3. Good luck to you guys out there in getting this straightened out. I read the other thread about this the other day and hope it does not come to my neck of the woods. Maybe you could post a link to that thread so everyone will know what is going on.

Texas Webb and a boner like this.
  4. A Boner

A Boner

46international likes this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All that guy needs is a little make up
    upload_2019-5-17_11-37-49.png
    How can you trust a guy with that grin?

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

At this point what choice do you have? He is already in Office and is asking for opinions, not votes.

Automotive Stud and egads like this.
  7. A Boner

A Boner

Glad you are not in West Washington.....talk about jokers.....homeless junkie jokers! Or am I thinking of Portland?

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. topher5150

topher5150

Doesn't SEMA help out with advocating for car enthusiasts ?

chop job likes this.
  9. A Boner

A Boner

Guess we will find out!

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I hate to burst peoples bubbles but people in government don't care what we think.

11. I would agree with the post above. You have vote with monies. So if you can get something or someone that brings money into the state to be On your side then maybe you will have a chance. Like see how many Green Bay Packers have vintage cars and see what they can do to help. That sort thing.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Disagree totally with the last two posts. That’s giving up. I’m on the Minnesota Street Rod Association legislation committee and we fought the ethanol conglomerates like ADM to get a one pump exemption allowing the sale of non- oxy gas and won.
    Grass roots politics. We lobbied at the capital, visited our representatives, made phone calls,testified at committee hearings .
    15 members in the group but we rallied our general membership to call their legislators.
    It doesn’t take money, it takes standing up and getting involved.
    A group showing up and asking good solid questions will definitely get his attention.
    A state wide call/email campaign will get noticed.
    If you’re waiting for the ‘next guy’ to do the work you’re not part of the solution.

13. A Boner

A Boner

It would be nice if someone in the MSRA would contact CurtR here on the H.A.M.B. To help out one way or another. This type of shit can easily jump from state to state if it isn't stamped out.

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  14. I totally agree.........that dude looks creepy......wouldn't trust him to make me a burrito....

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Burritos in Wisconsin?

To the top

Capture.JPG

a boner likes this.
  16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

What , you never heard of the pickle pickers ???

17. Of course...hey, burritos are as American as apple pie and mu shoo pork...

blowby likes this.
  18. gene-koning

gene-koning

There is power in numbers. If 20 people in this guy's district show up at his meeting with a uniform goal, you will get his attention. One or two he can blow off, but the largest unified group at his meeting carries some weight. Out of his district won't make much difference. Gene

19. A Boner

A Boner

Hopefully way more than 20 will show up. Weather is looking good.....hope to see lots of HOT RODS and modified vehicles there too!

classiccarjack likes this.
  20. One of the 3 biggest lies, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you".....

Hombre, chop job and 49ratfink like this.
  21. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

If you guys turn this into a political rant it will be shut down. Let @a boner try and rally the local guys........in numbers they can make a difference!

22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

While there is a historical basis for distrusting Government, when you are struggling with one unit of government, such as the State Police in this case, your best defense will be another unit of the State Government. Specifically, the Legislative Branch. The reasons are simple.....First, unlike the State Police, The Legislature is elected and is beholden to voters to be re-elected.....Second reason, the Legislature both makes the laws and controls the State Budget, and the State Police are funded by the Legislature's appropriations. The State Legislature is the best hope for curbing the State Police.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Agreed, it should not be turned into a political 'rant', but it IS a political problem that requires a political solution.........kept on topic as to how to best manage the problem is a completely legitimate basis for discussion. That is a different thing than cynical negative comments that have no useful purpose in this thread.

24. Mike

Mike

If you all are looking make this guy aware of your cause and ask for his help, it's not a good idea to make fun of the way he looks in a public forum.

25. A Boner

A Boner

My dad always used to say," there are more horses asses, than there are horses"!

26. A Boner

A Boner

I think I'm the only H.A.M.B. member that lives in Wisconsin that is participating in this thread and keeping it from disappearing. I'm glad that Mike from AZ, Hnstray from IL, KJSR from UT, gene-koning, from IL, partsdawg from MN. and more are offering encouragement and helpful information and doing their part to keep this overreach from spreading like the plague to their states.
    -Thanks to all, guess I'll bump it to the top!

KJSR and Hnstray like this.
  27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

a boner. Did not mean to make you feel like a lone wolf in this. I am following your thread with great interest. It is just I am an hour and a half away , by the time I get off work it would be 6:30 before I got there. I have some time off next week and plan on making calls to my reps in Baraboo and Reedsburg. I am also following up with the Dells visitors office on the tickets issued by the local, county and WSP during Automotion. I will keep everybody informed of my progress as well. Good luck tomorrow night. Larry

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

This is a crock...and hopefully not the first of many to come.. :(

29. A Boner

A Boner

Larry, you are doing your part, I was referring to all the out of state members participating, while very few members from Wisconsin are. Looking forward to the Dells Visitors Office info, when you receive it.....pursing this from different angles is a very good strategy for us.
    The "impromptu car show" starts when everyone gets there.....I was hoping 5:00, 5:30 or 6:00, so the Senator sees all the "special" cars on his way in, but the actual meeting with Senator Chris Kapenga runs from 7:00-8:00 only.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Hnstray like this.
  30. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Morning bump......

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Hnstray like this.