Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage H.A.M.B.er Meet And Greet at Back To The 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Is there going to be a H.A.M.B er meet and greet at the Back To The 50's this year? I think @Moriarity had s banner made up lst year but it never made it to the show. I haven't been on much lately has something already been posted?

Kiwi 4d, Moriarity and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. BJR

BJR

I haven't heard of one. Tried last year and I heard a few people showed up. Some of us couldn't find it. It would be fun if someone wants to organize it.

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, I do not have a banner. I was thrown out of BTT50's in 2001 and have not been back.....

4. BJR

BJR

As a long time member of the MSRA, with NO official standing, other then paying my dues all these years, I apologize for whoever did that.

Moriarity likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

The last couple years the unofficial HAMB M&G was held at Titus's base camp in the parking lot between the Grandstand/track and the boulevard (AKA Randall Ave.). Approximately where the word "Note" is on the map below. I don't know if that's the same this year or not?

2018 BTTFs.jpg

Ahotrod.nz likes this.
  6. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

around 1:00 PM on Saturday again this year?

7. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

I've been a member since 1976, I don't have any Gold Chain's, my car has a solid front axel, it has 15 inch steel wheels, I've been to ONE Back to the Fifties, I can honestly name 7 members out of the 25,000 + who I know personally and who I see once in a while at Local gatherings, I don't fit in this crowd, never have. Those of you who do, more power to you, enjoy your weekend, I'll do the same, 100 miles west of all that commotion!! Mark, stop by, well have a Beer!

Bandit Billy and Moriarity like this.
  8. BJR

BJR

That's too bad, you are missing out on meeting some very nice people. So 1 pm Saturday at the same place as last year, on the curve in the road of Randall Ave.

1959Nomad likes this.
  9. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Drive that Buick down to Dewey, Ok. You can't meet nicer people than the StrayKats and CrossMembers, always a real good time!!

10. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

sounds like a plan, for at least two of us...

11. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Hi Rick, Would like to make it there some time in the next few years. I know some of the folks that are part of that gathering.
    As far as BTTF, with 12,000 cars, there is something for everyone, you just have to do a lot of walking to find it. hope yo see you and your Buick some other time.

12. BJR

BJR

13. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

14. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CrossMembers = GREAT!
    StrayKats = not so much

15. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also don't have a gold chain!

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Can't take you anywhere nice........... ha ha ha

big duece, Moriarity and Tim like this.
  17. BJR

BJR

I walked around where we were suppose to meet. Saw one car with a Hamb sticker, alchemy's 32, but no one was around the car. Came back a few times same deal. Glad to see alchemy made it OK, was hoping to meet him. Brian

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  18. alchemy

alchemy

I was out walking with my Dad and made it back about 1:45. By the time I made it to the area, most guys were gone. Sorry.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

any pics of rides at Show?

20. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Drove over and visited with a few folks. Looks like the it was far more "unofficial" than in the past. Will post a Picture if the group of cars later.

Attached Files:

21. banditomerc

banditomerc

...always wondered....what does the term" gold chainer" mean?...$$$$?

Sent from my SM-J727T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Checkbook rodder, bling and money spent for to impress. Likely not enough skills to change their own oil. Not a fabricator\builder. But all needed in the hobby. If they enjoy their car more power to them. Keeps builders employed.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and 1959Nomad like this.
  23. banditomerc

banditomerc

1959Nomad likes this.
  24. Gman0046

Gman0046

Don't forget the HAMB secret handshake. If you think someone is a member, come up behind him and grab him by the ass.

25. alchemy

alchemy

True HAMBers always greet from the front.

Stogy likes this.
  26. Slopok

Slopok

The way you've been collecting, you've got your own show!
    What could you have done to be thrown out?

27. BJR

BJR

Maybe he used the secret handshake that Gman0046 posted!:p

28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

A buddy of mine had a registration and his car wasn’t done so I talked him into giving it to me. I knew the people running the gate and snuck in there with Ed big daddy Roth’s globe hopper. If you squint your eyes it looks kinda like a ford roadster from the rear. But it is a three wheeler and I figured I would get asked to leave. To make a long story short, some arm band wearing msra official who did not know who Roth was threw me out and called me every dirty name in the book. I have never in my life been treated so poorly. I was only thrown out for the one year (2001). But after the treatment I received I will never set foot in their event for the rest of my life

j3harleys likes this.
  29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Lol . My car was parked right on the curve along the center island of Randall Ave. I was only 200 feet from you guys and did not know it. This will be my 26th year. would not miss it. Sorry Mark had such a bad experiance . The folks up there have always treated my group great. Larry

30. Slopok

Slopok

Wow, Good thing you are a resident or the treatment may have been even worse huh?