Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Forgetfulness is a Terrible Thing.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, May 17, 2019.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

MANY,MANY years ago i was at Frog Follies.It was very hot. I was sweating. I leaned over a high buck car looking at the motor. I mean this car cost more that i had made in prolly the last 5 years. Any way my sunglasses slipped off my head, headed for the big buck paint job. All i could do was swing at them so they would not hit paint.I knocked them away, didn't hit car. Scared the crap out of me. I remember there was a vendor selling sunglasses and the little glasses thing that you put on your glasses.The ones you can hang your glasses around your neck.Went over and bought one right then. Any who that was 30 years ago, I haven't had a pair of glasses without one of those on it since. Of course now i have to wear glasses all the time. Thats just one thing i don't have to try to remember where they are.....

2. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Besides the forgetfulness I find myself dropping things all the time. I think I should stay away from loaded guns.

3. olds vroom

olds vroom

I usually say the garage minions stole whatever I lost[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Wicarnut. I did that with my chain saw last winter. Filled it up with oil for the chain and forgot to put the cap back on then saw it all over my shoes and saying to my self .W.T.F. LOL. Bruce.

5. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Have actually been talking on phone while looking for my phone.

6. Deuces

Deuces

:confused:;)

7. That's the second thing that goes I don't remember what was first.

8. LAROKE

LAROKE

I sometimes have haunting repeat dreams about having bought cars and stashed them away in storage spaces I can't remember. These dreams are real enough that they stick with me all day when I awaken and I keep wondering if I don't have that car stashed away somewhere.

9. ............That's funny (and a bit disturbing;)). I had a friend that would never seem to cut his grass. I mean the grass and weeds were almost over your head at least in the back yard. He finally cut (bush-hogged!!) his back yard and found a car that he forgot that he had.:rolleyes:

Deuces, sevenhills1952 and LAROKE like this.
  10. Odins parkhard

Odins parkhard

Macareina , I like that! I once ( alot) worked on my cousins plymouth fury, he was just starting college and isn't a mechanically inclined person. Serviced it, oil filter etc, tuned it up , closed the hood. A year later he stops by for service, I open the hood and on the radiator support is my missing favorite snap on screwdriver! Twas near the hood latch and the heat n pressure curved the handle. I still have that old pearl handled beauty. The fury long gone tho.... I was recently tinkering on my packard, pulled the distributor, tore it down cleaned it all up , put it it , started to crank her up to set timing and n timing lite flash! An hour later I was sitting there looking at my engine bay irritated as it wouldn't even cough, crank fine , no fire! Said aww piss on it, started to gather up my tools and picked up the rotor, made it halfway to the rollaway and stopped dead, realized what was in my hand. Instantly knew 2 things; timing light was still good, and NOTHING that needs a rotor ever starts without one! My neighbor a Korean vet heard me curse and start laughing and popped in . Asked me whatsamatter? He's still laughing when he sees me sitting on my porch having coffee.......

dwollam, pitman, 48fordnut and 3 others like this.
  11. ^^^^Great story, love it.^^^^

Deuces likes this.
  12. Ziggster

Ziggster

While working on my daughter's new old car a few weeks back, I forgot I had opened the hood all the way up and decided to open the garage door. Of course, the hood caught the door as it was opening and was pushed into the windshield causing it to crack. D'oh! The wife is used to me and luckily didn't yell.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  13. Deuces

Deuces

I have those same dreams .... :eek::(
    Then i realized they were only dreams ...:(

lothiandon1940 and LAROKE like this.
  14. That's me every morning going to work. Doesn't help when my dining room table that sits 8 has 2 open seats that we can use... my GF cleaned the kitchen counter the other day for me. So I try to put the important things in a single spot, phone, keys, money clip, change mostly. I try to set up my pills the night before, get the cat stuff cleaned so I feed them fast. And brew a cup of k-cup coffee to go.

A few years ago I would make dementia and alzhemirs jokes. My BIL has early onset dementia, I'd say about 10 years now. He has money (his wife is loaded...) and she keeps him VERY busy. They travel, volunteer, etc. Her brother who is about 70 has advanced Parkinsons.

I forget things, but I have a lot going on and I still work. I have to put important papers in one central spot so I can find them, so far, so good. There is 1 stretch of road that will stymie me. If I'm driving and talking with a passenger, I'll forget where I am, but only for a few seconds until I see a landmark. I take a statin drug for cholesterol, which I read is a contributor.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Deuces, LAROKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. LAROKE

LAROKE

I follow a routine everyday in order to remember everything I must do. Sometimes, I do an item or two out of order and I can usually recover from that but if some event completely disrupts the routine, even for a short period of time, I'm screwed and keep screwing up for the rest of the day. At that point, all I can do is hang on for the ride.

17. Terrible80

Terrible80

That event is my wife!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. LAROKE

LAROKE

Ha :D I've always been single and don't have a wife to tell me what my routine is going to be.

19. Deuces

Deuces

I hate it when they nag.... :(:rolleyes:

20. Scott

Scott

I can lose a tool while Im still holding it
    Thats why I have two of everything

21. Easy answer- Louver you hood that way you can see the light coming out.;)

upload_2019-5-20_18-5-11.png

LAROKE, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. ......Sadly, even that didn't work.:( 2013-10-22 13.06.45.jpg

Deuces and jim snow like this.
  23. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's not just you, I lost my small magnet light that I stuck under the sun visor wile working on my 31's windshield today !

24. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

This place is turning into Facebook/Support Group for geezers...o_O

25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will drill holes in my sun visor, good idea !

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

And here I thought I was the only one to have those dreams! Sometimes they are so realistic they make me wonder too if I have a car stored somewhere and have forgotten about it.

One thing I have done back when I had a few parts cars stored in the edge of the woods was to go looking for a certain car to get a part off of it, totally forgetting I had hauled it off for scrap a good time before.

LAROKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

Not to worry.... You'll get there some day also.....:rolleyes:

charleyw and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ I'll get hair!

29. cktasto

cktasto

Put my glasses down in the shop on Saturday and still cant find them. Gonna breakdown and go to costco for a new pair...then they’ll show up

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.