Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Found Myself a New Chrome Plating Shop!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill's Auto Works, Apr 20, 2019.

1. redo32

redo32

Decorative chrome platers have used a fume suppressant for decades that is 99.9 percent effective at trapping the hazardous fumes. Unfortunately it too was ruled hazardous and replaced with a new upgraded chemical. Old stuff was $50 a gal, new stuff is $1000.00 a gal. Only available in 5 gal bucket.

2. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Call Chris at Advanced Custom Chrome. They do amazing pot metal work! Tell him I referred you. 814-899-1233.

3. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I’ve had great luck with these guys on pot metal
    https://www.iversonautomotive.com/

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Bill, I am a long time customer of Tri-City Plating and have been extremely satisfied with all their work, they did the bumpers on Brenda's Ranch wagon and they stand behind their work. HRP

[​IMG]

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  5. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

I worked in a electroplating shop for 2 years right after high school(88-90) the shop was called Victoria plating and they always did —and still do high quality work. When the polishers first polishes a piece for plating it is just a bare surface (ie pot metal ,steel etc). Then it is plated quite heavily in copper, the copper is then repolished in a finer grit . Then it is nickel plated and taken straight from the nickel plate rinsed and put straight in the chrome plate. This is the only way I have seen it done. I think when it is only nickel plated then chromed —it only goes from the polisher working the bare substrate straight into the nickel rinsed then right into the chrome. Sometimes the polisher when he was polishing the copper for the nickel/chrome plate he would want to repair something or re copper plate something to get it just right. The copper plate process adds a lot to getting the chrome looking nice!

rockable likes this.
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Excellent company been using tri city for years.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.