Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 2019 Jalopy Showdown!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 3, 2019.

1. Thanks for another great event Larry! Show car lot was overflowing, spectator crowd was huge, the track time was terrific and the weather was perfect. What more could you ask for.
    Maryland was well represented, glad to see a bunch of ya'll made the trip North. Hope everyone made it home OK. Will post some pics later.............

2. ...............You were there? Everyone said they saw your Son drive your car in alone. Were you hiding in the trunk? I would have loaned you the $10 entry fee.:D;)

3. I'm going to make a point to drive up to Lincoln Speedway for their weekly race card some Sat. evening soon, but I want to make sure that it's a night when that little Falcon (#22) is racing. That guy was charging the corners and having a blast out there and giving the rest of us quite a show.

wraymen and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  4. pkhammer

pkhammer

This guy. He got into the wall in turns 3-4 once and barely lifted! We went really not thinking much about the vintage race cars but we ended up enjoying that part of the show the most. 20190518_121331[1].jpg

5. yes, that little Falcon was getting it

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Weather was perfect! (Not like last year!)
    We had a great time!
    This is a GREAT event!
    Good job Larry and crew!

7. ..............That's him! He was hammering it. Put on a great show all by himself.:D

46international and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  8. When you've got to go, you gotta go. By the way, that was a great drive to the track. We hit some traffic on the way home but it was a nice ride.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. ..............I try to stay on the backroads.:D;)

wraymen likes this.
  10. .................My clutch leg got a workout coming back South through Hanover.:eek:

11. Again, it was a great time. Thanks to Larry and his crew. We shall return.

12. Great weather
    Enjoyed seeing old friends
    Sold some parts
    My daughter an I spent some quality time watching dirt trackers (I need a vintage outlaw sprint)

Plenty of hot rods and customs as the turnout was huge.

999 car made an appearance

The new venue is much larger, kind of miss the intimacy of Latimore...

13. 48bill

48bill

Larry Great Show again! Thank YOU and all the volunteers.

scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I had a blast driving my coupe 3 hours out, racing it and driving 3 hours back home.

Always a great pleasure to play on the track with a great bunch of guys, even if I only see them once a year.

IMG952103.jpg

15. My buddy and I enjoyed chatting with you. Love your Coupe.............Don.

fordf1trucknut likes this.
  16. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

17. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

WOW! What a great weekend, when we let home on Friday it was in the low 40s, Saturday was in the high 80s! Well worth the drive, caught up with friends, met new ones! Great job Larry!

Stogy, scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Zundapp 57

Zundapp 57
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great show, drove the 39 from my home right after I got off of 3rd shift. Nice cool morning for the drive. even with all the light cycles on 30 in york. The boss 302 engine doesn't like to sit long at lights. Really enjoyed the racing too. All the cars there were cool.

19. model a.jpg Got some artwork done while there. sorry it's sideways

20. model a 2.jpg model a 3.jpg two more, upside down and all but you get the idea

21. Sure know how to strain a guy's neck!:D;) model a 2.jpg model a.jpg model a 3.jpg

Stogy, Hamtown Al, scarylarry and 3 others like this.
  22. much better , thanks

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. If you didn't make it, you missed a great time.

OLSKOOL57 likes this.