Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Chrysler Mild Custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Gotgas, Jan 15, 2018.

1. loudbang

loudbang

That is quite an accomplishment considering it's black paint that shows every little fault. GOOD JOB pops :)

2. Love the small bumper bullets.

3. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

They must be REALLY small, because I can't see them on my phone screen!

loudbang likes this.
  4. There on the bottom part of the bumper in the middle.

5. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

...the thread, the workmanship, the car, ...the entire shah-bang is absolutely second-to-none!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Just to see what it would look like, I swapped the wire wheels from my wagon to the Chrysler. The tires are so much shorter, it lowered the car over an inch! The offset is causing the front tires to rub on even a modest turn, and IMO at 6" wide, the rears are too narrow. They look "okay" but I don't think they're an improvement over the chrome reverse.

I've got a set of early '50s Pontiac caps I will toy with. I might run some bullets or find some spinners. If Tony wants to make me a good deal on some '56 accessory caps, we can talk. ;)

sorry for the blurry cell phone pic...
    wires0517.jpg

Tman, Kage, kidcampbell71 and 13 others like this.
  7. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Thanks for doing that to satisfy everyone's curiosity. Given those two choices, I prefer the capless chromies. Regardless, you've got a stunning mild custom there. You are the envy of a lot of HAMB-ers, right now!

Sent from my SM-G892A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. I agree. They look okay, but the chrome reverse wheels really seal the deal on this car.

9. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Man, that thing looks sooo good. My wife's brother lives in Fort Worth, maybe we'll get to see it sometime when we're down.

10. Well, the wires put the car right in my era. They would park that on the front row, at Harvey's Broiler.

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man that thing turned out awesome. I love it!!!

kidcampbell71, loudbang and Gotgas like this.
  12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'm with Phil. I like the light/dark/light contrast that the spoked portion of the wires provide. No biggie, though.

13. Hard call, I like them both. I lean towards the chrome reversed though

14. Jay71

Jay71

Oh man! Those wires take it to a whole other level imo. If it was mine there’s no way those chrome steelies would be going back on, and I LOVE chrome steel wheels. The car is a stunner either way, but those wires!!!

loudbang and Gotgas like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Gotgas...this reminds me of @D-Russ's Miss Vicky as in do you want her Dirty Bad...:confused:...(the term used was not this nice...:D) or do you want her Ivory Snow Pure...Its an interesting thing that happens with some customs when you mix it up a bit, it becomes a bit Hotrod with Elegance...It would be Reversed for me as I like Dirty Bad...Fantastic either way...you nailed it and I said it before...;)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    loudbang, Gotgas and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  16. Both styles look good, but chrome wires always add a higher level of elegance. As long as I don't have to keep them clean... LOL...

loudbang, Gotgas and George like this.
  17. RodStRace

RodStRace

18. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Hell, I don't think you could put on ANY kind of period-correct rolling stock that would look bad on this machine!

Sent from my SM-G892A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, loudbang, Jay71 and 3 others like this.
  19. George

George

Wires look better, though the chrome reverse looks more hot rod.

Stogy, loudbang, Gotgas and 1 other person like this.
  20. WIRES! But the chromies are good too, if you can't deal with the tire rub.

loudbang, Jay71 and Gotgas like this.
  21. DRD57

DRD57

IMO the wires add another level of class to an already drop dead gorgeous car.

loudbang likes this.
  22. As I said before, the Chrome Reverse are perfect, the wires just ok.

Stogy, loudbang and 54delray like this.
  23. I think the chrome wires put the car in the early 60s custom vibe. Chrome reverse look good too.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Love the wires! They have a lot more class than the steelies.

25. froghawk

froghawk

Chrome wheels get the vote here in Philly! While I like the wires they seem too obvious a choice.

Surfcityrocker, loudbang and 54delray like this.
  26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'm glad we all agree. :confused: :D

I'm going to run the wire wheels for a little while longer at least. They're growing on me. I'm game planning a tire swap, might go to a thinner whitewall à la Clif Inman's car. We'll see. In the meantime, I went around scouting locations for taking dslr photos in the near future and found a couple of spots I like. This spot was really cool in person and I like that you can clearly see the subtle rake, but my phone camera is terrible. And I guess I should have moved the bum's shopping cart...

20190521_214501sm.jpg

Kage, chryslerfan55, HEMI32 and 8 others like this.
  27. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

I really like the wires, seems very correct on a Chrysler product, adds a understated elegance to your outstanding Mopar. Suggest staying with the WSW's that's a lot of black to play off of... dyno dave

Late to the Party likes this.
  28. Squablow

Squablow

I actually like the wires more than I thought I would, they look good on the car. I think I'd still prefer the chrome solids but the wires are better than I'd thought. Now it REALLY looks like the photoshop.

29. RodStRace

RodStRace

kidcampbell71, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  30. a 1" white wall would defiantly set a early 60's vibe, love chrome reverse wheels with the narrower whitewall.

chryslerfan55, 54delray and loudbang like this.