Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Old Man's 327 Cam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1Nimrod, Feb 20, 2019.

1. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Hdonlybob: Sweet it reminds me of my Dad's car when I was around four years old but his had the little 283 2bbl W/pg trans. Nice work thanks for sharing your pics with us all, it's a sweet 283 and car. I had to put my other 327 on the back burner for now. Turns out my other 327 I had built at the machine shop wasn't put together properly heading up to machine shop today. Keep plucking them string's and working on your Hot Rod. I'm like you I have fun just turning a wrench and seeing it run makes it all worth while. Here's a pic of my old Corvair with my first grandchild driving it as he still reminds me,it's his "Corvette" as he still calls it that even today. And a pic of my 63 C10.
    1Nimrod

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    Hdonlybob and Deuces like this.
  2. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Montana1: I called CC and they recommend the XE268H but I did look at the XE262H-10 it does show nice pull in the CC graft in the power range I like thanks for your help. But I'm putting that 327 on the side burner for awhile. I have to get my other 327 back together first. I'm taking it back to the machine shop today to hopefully get things straightened out with the machinest and his poor work.
    1Nimrod

Deuces likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

My last 327 had a Comp Cams XE262H with no complaints. Had a great sounding idle and like posted pulled all the way up.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    1Nimrod, olscrounger and Deuces like this.
  4. I have the Lunati equivalent of the XE268H in my car. Comp Cams also recommended it for me. Street manners are good, idle is decent but you can hear it. Torque and pull is amazing, 5000 RPMs comes up very quickly.

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. 270 HP Duntov cam should be good.

1Nimrod and bobss396 like this.
  6. 6sally6

6sally6

Well John Brown!!!!!........ I really liked dealing with those fellas. Sorry to hear they are going bye-bye.
    6sally6

1Nimrod likes this.