Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stuff found in your project car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadheavy52, May 19, 2019.

1. Leadheavy52

Leadheavy52

What’s some of the coolest/strangest stuff you’ve found in your project car? Recently, I found all of these items under the backseat of a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook. I guess I know where the kid sat!

Attached Files:

2. gas & guns

gas & guns

That stuff there is like a time capsule. Lone ranger mask, a gun and badge, cool.
    It'd look cool in picture frame on the garage wall. Great conversation piece.

All I found in mine was some extra parts and a bushel and a half of coon shit.

3. Found this empty container under the back seat of a 1954 sedan when we were removing the seats to have them reupholstered. HRP

rubbers.jpg

4. Mostly just find rat turds. But the best thing I guess I have ever found is a case knife in one car and another case knife in another. I lost one in a junkyard so hopefully someone found a nice knife in their parts car.

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. I bought my dad a Case pocket knife for Christmas in 1972 and he used and abused it until the day he passed away on May 4th 1999.

I kept the knife and continued to carry it in my pocket ever since until a couple of weeks ago, somehow I have managed to misplace it, I don't want to say I have lost it and really hope it turns up soon.

Friday Brenda bought me a nice new smaller Case knife, she said it's not a replacement and when you find your dad's knife this one can be your Sunday go to meeting knife. HRP

WB69, raven, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  6. Just don't try to enter the courthouse with it in your pocket. I found out the hard way that they frown on that. For some reason, they consider that a weapon.o_O

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:D. The Sunday meeting reminds me of a church near my parents. All the males come in with their "Sunday" best flannel shirt with a hunting knife on their side . Must be in place of a tie.

Hombre and Deuces like this.
  8. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Shortly after I bought my pickup, I found the spare key to the vintage Wise-Lock gas cap taped to the choke cable under the dash.....after I tore the cap off the filler tube... facepalm2.gif

RoddyB34 and Hombre like this.
  9. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

I did a minor re-do and clean up of my 37 Chevy sedan this winter . When I lifted out the spare tire I found the name of the guy I bought the car off of (12 years before)I had never noticed it before. His name was Allen Olsen and he owned and operated Olsen’s boxing gym he was also a male nurse and cared for handicapped kids as if they were his own. He was a really awesome guy. He died of pancreatic cancer a few years ago. So yeah that’s a pretty cool thing to find!

Hombre, 56don and Deuces like this.
  10. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I had a tiny pocket knife & tweezers on my keychain; called for jury duty, threw my keys in the basket as I went through the metal detector, and was admonished by the security guy that these are Verboten. "Are you kidding me!?" "No." I went home. F 'em.

Hombre likes this.
  11. Don, I'm afraid that's the world we live in now.

I too reported for jury duty and was informed that a pocket knife is considered a weapon and I had to dispose of it before I entered the court house, time was running out and I ask the officer,a man that I knew to hold the knife for me until I get through with jury duty and he said he couldn't.

I went outside the court house and hid it in the bushes and went back in and dumped the contents of my pockets and he said that was good and I went inside.

If I wanted to inflict bodily harm I had a ink pen in my pocket, that could be considered a weapon in a pinch, it's a shame that everyone is a potential bad guy in today's society. HRP

12. thumbnail_20190720_143246_resized.jpg I found a really neat original 50's plastic toy car of a 57 Eldorado convertible under the back seat of a 49 mercury 4 door I had.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  13. David Chandler

David Chandler

Aside from mouse shit and partial acorns, I found almost $20 in a pickup I bought. It was all stuffed in the ash tray. Oh yeah, it had a bunch of nut shells all over the floor too. He liked eating nuts and driving I guess. I've found live shotgun shells in a car in the junk yard, more than once. And a cell phone in another one.
    Been there with the court house deal. I reported for jury duty and had the key to my truck on my Swiss Army knife. Yes, it was detained while I did my duty, but returned. Two days later it was 9/11 and while I was there, everyone was going nuts about what was happening while we were stuck there. It made a Swiss Army knife seem trivial.

Hombre likes this.
  14. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

I've got an old '30 Model A 4dr sedan that I cut down to a two door using the rear doors. Runs a 1937 V12 Lincoln, when I took the fuel tank out and tipped it upside down to get the straw and birds nests out, a little Leggo Man fell out. some kid must of dropped it in there. He now sits on the window surround with a screw up his backside to stop him falling off....:)

RoddyB34, Hombre and Deuces like this.
  15. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

A complete set of stainless trim and badges in the boot. $22 in coins under the carpet.

16. indyjps

indyjps

Weed, I seem to find ends of joints, bags of shake in the glove box, in behind the glove box, stuffed in the seats in a lot of cars.

Not such a big deal anymore, but it always concerned me buying used cars. I'd go thru them well to be sure they were "clean"

Deuces likes this.
  17. Sod Buster

Sod Buster

In the grunge on the intake manifold of my 47 Ford, three wheat pennies and a mercury dime, probably fell out of some ones shirt pocket I would guess.

[​IMG]

chriseakin, Hombre and Deuces like this.
  18. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Years ago I bought a '64 Rambler American 220 , cheapest base model, no radio. It was missing the hood ornament (they fell off, held in by two pins). I noticed a lump in rubber floor mat (no carpet) and there was an n.o.s. one...brand new. It had to have dropped there on assembly line.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Hombre likes this.
  19. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Wasn't a project car but the car I've owned almost forty years. When it came time to rebuild the engine, after tearing it down I found a socket inside the engine laying in the sludge between the lifters. It was the size that fit the rocker arms and probably fell in through the pushrod holes as it fit perfectly through them. Since I was the second owner of the car and the gentleman I bought it from said he had never done anything to the engine, it must have come from the factory like that.

20. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

In my 41 Ford pick em up I found a 1942 business one year calendar card that had fallen between the roof and the lip at the window. It was for a bearing company in Sacto Ca, I looked them up and found out they had been bought a few times since the war.
    In our Chev ute we found a number of Ausie coins: under the seat, in the ash tray and between the seat back and package tray.

21. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

original brown seat covers under the gray tweed from the 80's when I had it re-upholstered Jan 29,2013e.JPG 5-9-08e.JPG 2015-02-20 05.39.26.jpg

Hdonlybob, Hombre and Deuces like this.
  22. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Yikes! Cover girl is/was my ex!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Sandgroper, Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  23. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

In the daily repair business over the years at work we have found a couple of Asian soft drink cans in Asian cars left from factory workers . A few months ago in a newer Ford with the passenger side door panel off there was extremely filthy description about some guys wife written on the door frame under the door panel. It was obviously some factory workers horsing around. Must get boring popping door panels on all day! One time under the console of a clapped out 90s mustang right where the e brake handle hole is we found a pile of little tiny wrapped up bits of crack cocaine—threw that @#$& away!

24. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

first let me say these things were a dime a dozen at one time. i needed a chevy 350 motor and bought a '70 chevy chevelle that had been hit in the front, not bad and very fixable, but i just needed the motor. i decided i would use the carpet too, so i started to pull it up and found a brand new crisp 50 dollar bill. oh yea the body, it went to the scrap yard. though the sad part was, it wasn't the only one i did that too.

25. Evil Emery

Evil Emery

26. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I guess your angel's in the centerfold...

sevenhills1952 likes this.
  27. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I found a weed pipe stuffed under a dash of a ‘67 Valiant I had driven around a few years.

3F13A2ED-B6ED-4EC4-AB73-E5518A5E2ED7.jpeg

MO54Frank and bobss396 like this.
  28. Love the Valiant!

29. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

S&H Green stamps, plaid stamps, a magnetic dash board storage tray, St. Christopher medal, two boxes of 22 caibre short cartridges, clip on sunvisor mirror.Two cans of parifin free SAE 30 oil and a small grease gun cartridge of water pump grease, several books of matches and two Spauding golf balls

30. Beer! Early 1970,s they tell me
    xxxx.jpg

Spooky, Sandgroper and firstinsteele like this.