Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock parts catalog for '59-'60 (part II)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 3, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My favorite part of looking through these old catalogs is that it gives you a definite year that parts were being utilize. It's not like oh that's part is 1950's.....no it's like that part was used 1959. Things like exhaust size being 2" on the headers with 1.5" ports is nice to know when I get mine done. Also the red fuel line with the clamps and such are cool to see and keep and eye out for.

Thanks for sharing!

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

I feel the same way.You can put a definite time on something,for the sake of period correctness.A friends Dad gave me a bunch of catalogs from the early and mid 50s and every once in a while somebody will say that something didn't come out until the 60s and I can show 'em it was in catalogs back to 1954.

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm so jealous of a local rodder that has genuine Edelbrock red neoprene fuel hose. The hose has Edelbrock printed on it every foot or so. You don't see that at many cruise nights.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know some think it's anal and stupid because you should do what you like but I love the idea of doing it as it was. I fun is in the hunt for the right parts for the right time period. I like nailing it down to a few years rather then a decade. So when I geared my '35 towards 1956-58, I believe everything that I have on that car was not only possible but was regularly available at the time. I think the only thing I can think of is my use of 16" wheels instead of 15"ers which would have been more popular at the time.

These catalogs (which I wished I had more but am very grateful for people like you Jive Bomber and Tommy that posts these) are extremely helpful in getting a car dialed for a certain look or authenticity.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whoa! I didn't realize it was actual Edelbrock fuel line. That's pretty cool.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nice of you to know, recognize and appreciate, Tommy.

Around here, you have to print a poster with a graphic number plot to point out anything beyond "small block Chevy", chrome reversed wheels and wide whitewalls!

Mike, wallowing in the shallow cesspool of Atwater

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am jealous of anybody that has a real set of HEDMAN Hedders. I've spent a lot of time polishing my original exhaust manifolds to have them chromed but I'd throw them in the trash for some real deal HEDMANS.

9. Those tie rods look like something directly out of "How to build a Rat Rod" but you have to read that they are Chrome moly, not mild steel.

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I never knew it either. This is the car that I spotted it on. You can see the neoprene hose running up the firewall to a chromed fuel filter alongside the beehive oil filter. I was told that he found a spool of it years ago. I have catalogs with the vinyl fuel hose that was quickly outlawed but this is the first catalog with the red neoprene fuel hose. You can see why I spent so much time studying the details.

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

woh! check out that floor shift kit! anyone have one of those?!?!?! i want to see a picture of that.

12. Abomination

Abomination

Would anybody like a searchable PDF?

Attached Files: