Register now to get rid of these ads!

ebay scam???? help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wonhunglo, Jun 9, 2006.

1. wonhunglo

wonhunglo
    from HD

can someone help!! does this look legit mybuddy was out bid on a dual sport and then got contacted by the seller sayin a bunch of b.s. about how the winner didnt come through! he said he was in denver and his wife was in alabama and she whould send the bike! its way under priced and i told him this happens alot! anyone ever here of theses guys or see this email. i know this happens over seas alot but is this bunk?? any help is appreciated
    joe
    Thank you for contacting eBay's Customer Support team!

Dear eBay member Me440_2,

Per your request, we have verified all the details of this transaction. We concluded that they are accurate. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eBay Transaction Item#4647033862 confirmed!
    Current status: Payment pending

Transaction details:

Item name:
    Suzuki : DR
    Item number
    Item price:
    US $1,500.00
    Shipping:
    Included
    Payment:
    Pending

• Complete your eBay transaction in 5 easy steps:

1. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from the buyer nor the seller); <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">The buyer sends payment and the seller receives it. After the payment is received, the seller must notify eBay. Buyer will send the payment details directly to the seller's email address. The seller has three business days to send the tracking number of the shipment to the buyer and to eBay. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer; <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days.
    2. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the return shipment is verified.
    • Payment must be sent by Western Union Money Transfer

• Next step to be taken: The buyer must send the payment to the seller

It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, because your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only. Sending the payment by any other method of payment will void this transaction and your right to refund.

• Payment instructions:

To submit the payment with Western Union Money Transfer, you have 2 options:

1. Pay for the transfer with cash at a local Western Union agent. Click here to locate the agents in your area http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentInquiryIntl.asp . Go to one of them and send the payment to the verified name of the seller, available in USA.

2. If you are now in the USA and need to use a credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard), call 1-800-CALL-CASH and make the payment to the verified name of the seller. An additional fee will be charged on most cards because this transaction will be considered a cash advance on your card.

Western Union Money Transfer is the only service that has ultimate authentification of the identity of the receiver of funds. Several IDs and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else but your seller can pick up the money. Your payments cannot be lost in the mail, like money orders or checks.

• Once the payment was sent, email the seller the following information:

1. 10 digit MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
    2. Exact sender's name on file with Western Union
    3. Your street address on file with Western Union
    4. City and country where you sent the money from
    5. Amount sent

Then wait for the confirmation the payment was received. Within 3 business days, you will receive the tracking number for your merchandise.

• Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller has a US $10,000.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account.
    Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 90 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.

Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 90 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

The account is managed by eBay's SquareTrade center. This transaction is supervised by eBay's SafeHarbor team.

Contact the seller after you have received this message and complete
    the transaction.

Payment must be sent by Western Union Wire Transfer to the seller:

Ramadich Daniel,
    7979 Tufts Ave. ,# 255,
    Denver,CO,80237

Shipp to:

Jesse P. Miller II

24435 via lenardo

Yorba Linda, ca 92887

United States

• Conditions to be meet before you may ask for a refund:

Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:

1. If the item doesn't arrive or the seller stops communication after the payment was received;

2. If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;

3. If your merchandise arrives in a longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 10 days from the payment clearance day);

For cases 2. and 3. you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by payment method required by us, your refund request will be declined.

Do not reply this message because you won't receive any answer.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wonhunglo

wonhunglo
    from HD

the western union only is what i thought made this fishy.....

3. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

I would not do that deal in a second chance offer or the way it was contacted . I have seen the scam before . Tell him to relist and then you will rebid on it , atleast you have some protection . Wonder what the seller's feedback is like and if its a new profile ?

4. 53burb

53burb

Contact Ebay and see if this guy is legit. They can look into it. They deal with this shit all the time. KNUX!

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Thats a CROCK.
    1. Ebay does NOT verify account details.
    2. Ebay EXPRESSLY STATES that you should AVOID Westrn Union/sending Cash as a payment option.
    3. Ebay DOSE NOT support transactions where you are not the winning bidder without a SECOND CHANCE option which he should see when he logs into hiss EBAY account.

REport this clown to EBAY IMMEDIATELY.

6. badbarb

badbarb

Forward the original E-mail without changing anything to [email protected]. I wouldn't do anything until E-bay comments on it.

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

It smells like a fish to me......beware of any of these scams........I wouldn't send somebody i don't know a sum that large outside of eBay......or maybe *inside* eBay......

Usually, if it seems like a scam.......it is......

Look at all of the misspelled words.....a sure tipoff that the person's English is questionable.....prolly a furriner.....

Brucie

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

$1500 is a lot of jing to lose... I'd be wary. Look at it this way... if you were selling it and possibly giving it away... would YOU contact the second guy in line if you lost a sale?

9. Painterman

Painterman

Big time scam Joe,
    Tell him not to send the money. Forward the whole mess to ebay. Ebay says never do a transaction outside of ebay, they don't support it. Also, if the correspondense between the 2 parties doesn't go thru messages in "my ebay" it's a scam.

10. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

11. wonhunglo

wonhunglo
    from HD

thanks all!!!!! im taking a percentage of the 1500 i saved him !!!:D

12. Burny

Burny

Sounds fishy to me...

I would:

1- Ask for a phone number to contact him/her and talk to the seller and feel
    them out- ask alot of questions.
    2. Ask them to send vin# of bike and copy of title and verify it's clear.
    3- Go through Ebay to verify their claim of "Purchase protection account"
    4- Try and contact a HAMBER (or reletive) in the area of where the bike is
    supposed to be to go check it out...maybe even handle the transaction.
    * Hell you could just bluff em and say you have someone who will come
    by and handle the transaction face to face, and he'll go away on his own
    if it's a scam.
    5- Verify the addresses given- make sure they are not PO boxes.
    6- If there is any resistance from seller to giving info or otherwise
    accommodating you...walk away.

Remember

- Never use Western Union...and...
    - Usually if it seems too good to be true, it is...

13. eBay has a "safe payments policy" now - western union isn't one of the choices they allow. That and the spelling and grammatical errors are the giveaways.

I think you should offer to send the guy a cashier's check for $3000, tellling him you'll instruct him to pay your shipping agent with the difference in price, and see what he says.... (that's also one of the big scams).

14. wonhunglo

wonhunglo
    from HD

told him that i would pick it up and give him cash this was his response:

Hello sir!
    I don't have time for a meeting I have some problems with my familly please make the deal in the ebay mode also tell me if you recive the aw-confirm mail.
    Regards!

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

ahhh... he used Regards...

It is manditory that you fuck with him to no end.

16. Dandingo

Dandingo

You can request contact info and get his address and phone number through ebay. Get his phone number, call him and see if anyone answers or if it's even a legit number. That's what I do whenever I have any problems.

17. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

Tell him your brother/cousin/uncle/whatever is in Denver this weekend and will pick up the bike for you. Set up time, location, usual crap. Do anyhting you can to waste this prick's time and to spend as much time as possible thinking up new excuses.
    I hate these fucks...

18. ol fueler

ol fueler

On top of that, E Bay ALWAYS has your NAME in the greeting -- not "dear E bay customer".
    Another way to check the Validity is to check youy Messages in "My E Bay' --if it is from E Bay it will show up there as well as in your E mail.

This is a SCAM!!!!!!!!! END OF STORY!!!

19. Tom C

Tom C

I would think it's a scam. He's nowhere near the bike, but the phone number on the listing is area code 256 thats in Alabama (where the suppossed bike is) but he's in Denver? I guess it could be a cell number or I guess his wife knows alot about it? Have you tried calling him? It seems there are alot of scams on ebay with bikes. Also when I pulled up the ad it said it ended early because it's no longer for sale. What's up with that? My advice is to foward all emails to ebay and only buy it if you can meet him in person to pick it up and give him all the money then.

20. Tom C

Tom C

Plus he used "regards" sounds like a scammer

21. TCURRIER

TCURRIER
    Alliance Vendor
    from michigan

if You Think It Is A Scam, Yer Right, Look At The Fuckers Name That Gives It Away Right There

22. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Ram-a-dick, Huh sounds like you almost took it up the ass! Good thing you questioned it.

23. Dude if you think twice at all and ebay or paypal are involved, fuck em. Pass and move on or you'll be out a lotta money and end up empty handed.

24. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

i bet my life it's a scam,

different shipping address than payment address is the first sign, the structure of the memo is too much work.. etc.

it's a scam man.

25. VintageIgnition

VintageIgnition
    Alliance Vendor
    from ma

Most definatly a scam, happens a lot. If you email the original seller though ebay he will surely have no clue what you are talking about.

26. lolife

lolife

27. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

No offense to anyone, but a scam is a scam is a scam. If it looks bad it usually is. Money orders or Paypal is the only way I pay for anything off of ebay.

28. Burny

Burny

29. Phule

Phule

My buddy's mom got taken for close to 14k for a Harley on ebay with this scam. Some people just need to die in a fire. Twice.

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look at the copyright on the ebay notice too...it's 2 years old. Makes us wish for a way to drain their $ backwards don't it. Imagine the energy spent to develop this scam used for something positive. Fuckin losers. And ask yourself why it's using the "international" western union division.