Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My latest addition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KiWinUS, May 18, 2019.

1. 4E7645AC-BAB3-4901-AA0F-91B460A9A3A3.jpeg brought this gem home 2 weeks ago
    Very solid & complete with many NOS parts that include rear fenders. Has pristine metal finished fronts and new chromed perfect original grille. Has original leather under seat covers. May just reassemble as a survivor

Attached Files:

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Cool addition. Congrats

3. catdad49

catdad49

Just in time for summer.

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks to be a rare model...Convertible Sedan maybe?...congrats on the addition to the collection @KiWinUS ...Just a question related to your Avatar...I have seen I believe 2 36s sporting the horizontal trim strips recently in the Homogenized Thread on your Avatar pic...were those aftermarket addons or a trim scavanged of another vehicle that caught on? Just curious...;)

5. Thanks mate. Yes it’s a Convertible Sedan 36 half year only with the trunk.
    My avatar car is 1 previous owner me since 1973 just after I brought it I got a US hot rod mag with a pic of a 36 with this trim( I still have the mag) so were on a mission. Found this set about 20 years ago. It’s “Pines Trim” was a dealer Installed accessory, somewhere I have an original sales brochure for it. Some love it some hate it.
    Cheers
    Tony

Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So that trim was offered by the Company that makes the Winterfront Grill I gather?...cool...I will post a link to those 36's when I find them...I don't mind it...dressing up the Stocker, Hotrod or Custom was something even the Dealers got involved in...big money was to be had...

7. image.jpg
    I’m an accessory nut lets see if I can post a pic of this rare 36 accessory “Fulton Feather” hood trim, now I just sat these on for pic & they are way up off hood but I hope you get the idea.
    Please send me link to thread you are talking about.
    Check out the steering wheel.

Hamtown Al, harpo1313 and Stogy like this.
  8. F&J

F&J

Tony, I had a black 36 humpback conv sedan that had pines trim since new. It also had the smooth hood ornament part. Bad part is the car was so rusty, as it sat outdoors for decades on Long Island NY. This was late 1974 or early 1975.

I bought it for resale as I needed a bit more down payment money for my first home. I paid 500, and listed it on Old Cars Weekly for best offer. I took a quick sale at 1000 from a local dealer who then put it in Hemmings for 2800 and listed it as "not for the faint of heart"

What a shame that is was so untouched, right down to a tiny manila envelope in the glove box, printed on that was "wrench for tightening top nuts" or side posts.....but the car was so rusty from salt air.

I like your idea to run it as a survivor.

Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I posted this as I thought it a form of Customizing and Hotrodding at the same time...now knowing it was a jazzed up Dealer offering to look cool and stand out in the crowd...perhaps without the Hoodlum connection as back then that crowd did have a not so stellar reputation...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...genized-hotrods.1002926/page-98#post-13028005

@1929CDAN then posted this below which apparently is at Rexrods...after seeing what I posted...enjoy...;)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...genized-hotrods.1002926/page-98#post-13036252

It is always interesting to see similar offerings continentally despite differences in some body and trim and mechanical details.​

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  10. Neat! I love convertible sedans!

Hamtown Al likes this.