Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Glass patterns

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Model A Mark, May 18, 2019.

1. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Hey guys, Ive been trying to locate glass patterns for a Ford 34 3 window, just need the patterns, have a great glass guy already ..
    Thanks .

2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

be careful...
    '33s rolled straight up... '34s topped then slide back to form a vent style window...
    got to get the glass and the glass channel "ends" just right, as they will dig into the wider, forward, lower glass felt if too close to the edge... been there...

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I would think a great glass guy would have a source for the patterns? Just saying.....

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

My town has a glass place that autos, residential and industrial. He has patterns for cars back to the Model T. In a city as large as Dallas that would be the case as well, I would think. As many as there are hot rod shops nearby to you, ask around .

5. From my recent experience (bad!) original pattern glass may not fit good with today's repro felts and channels.
    If you can get hold of the patterns, or make your own close in size, make some glass substitutes out of 1/4" masonite or mdf. Sand them to fit, and slide up and down in the channels, then give them to your glass guy.

Jibs, Texas Webb and Model A Mark like this.
  6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

There is a “ Glass Man “ in the greater Cinti area that will have what you need for patterns . Mike Hall , Florence , Ky . Do some research and locate a phone number he is a straight up Hot Rodder and will help you out.

7. I have always made my patterns with that pressed board from home depot then took that to the glassman.