Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Said Goodbye to my car show buddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudsonmand, May 17, 2019.

1. Feeling a little down today found out my friend and car show buddy Glen Vanderpool passed away ,we didnt have much contact in between car shows ,but when I met him at a cruzein years ago we seemed to connect with our common love of cars ,he was a Chevy guy ,me more of a Ford man ,we ran all over upstate PA and NY on summer weekends ,always looking for a new place to check out the local iron ,sure gonna miss him ,our excursions to the carlisle flea markets where we would buy more goodies and try and stuff them in my van to get home,his outspoken ways often got us into trouble ,but overall he was always up to anything to do with cars ,enjoy your buddies while you have them RIP buddy ,hope his chevy finds a good home and someone who loves it as much as he did ,hope to see you again someday

Kan Kustom, Stogy, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  2. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

Look at that reflection off his lawn chair....maybe a sign from Heaven.

OG lil E and BigO like this.
  3. I am very sad to here about this I always liked talking to Glen. He will be missed Hobo Jim

hudsonmand and BigO like this.
  4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yes...a ray of Grace.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

RIP Glen.....

hudsonmand, BigO and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Sad. Rest in Peace.

hudsonmand likes this.
  7. Sad to loose a good guy, R.I.P.

hudsonmand likes this.
  8. reagen

reagen

Sorry for your loss

9. 26Troadster

26Troadster

sorry to hear. RIP

10. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Sorry for your loss. It's kind of sad as the car show season usually starts I hear of someone who we once travelled with us over the years that are no longer with us.

hudsonmand likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to You and the Vanderpool Family and Friends on the passing of Glen...

Regards,
    Stogy

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Friend's are the best part of this car thing we do. Sounds like he had a good one in you. When you have had friend's in this life you can say you didn't miss the reason to be here.

hudsonmand likes this.
  13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I am lucky to still have most of my car show/ swap meet buddies but I have lost a few over the last few years too. When we go to Carlisle in the spring the rest of us always give a toast to the ones no longer with us. Come to think of it I am almost the oldest one left now. On the up side our group has gained a couple younger guys to make memories and have good times with:):cool:

14. R.I.P my friend.Bruce.

15. Sad to hear of the passing but be sure he will still be riding with you to all the shows.......

hudsonmand likes this.
  16. Sorry for your loss
    Saying good bye to friends sucks.
    There’s more eloquent words to use.
    RIP and prayers for all those grieving