Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1932 Chevy Cabriolet - you guys sleepin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, May 16, 2019.

1. This was on CL a while back - little far and I don't need it - but it's back up on CL again.. For the price and condition it looks like a good buy. Maybe a later motor - maybe a GMC six...maybe a trog Ford beater ? Just looks like a good start for the money $5500....in Pairs Arkansas on Craigslist..hell it runs
    s 1932 chevy cabroliet.jpg 1932 chevy cabroliet.jpg

41 coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. F&J

F&J

I know the market is crashing or has crashed. That might be a 31, but still, a cabriolet for a 1980 price?
    Talk to older guys with non Ford antiques from 20s to 30s and they will tell you, "nobody wants the old stuff anymore"

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Yep, '31. Great deal!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. I'd bet there's a good reason he still has it. Those cars are Nothing more than an Apple box with Tin tacked just on the outside. Even the main sub rails that mount the pile to the chassis is nothing but a wood board. The nails that hold the Tin (body) to the wood structure are smaller than carpet tacks. Looks aren't everything. Ask me how I ended up with such a Sower opinion of 30's Chevrolet's.
    20171116_083704.jpg

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

I think for the money it's a good buy. even if you drive it like it is.

6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

You know I’m not a Chevy guy but that looks like a cool car and good price. As we all know Chevy used a all wood construction aka carriage built so the teeth may look good but the gums may be shot or rotten:D....

Pist-n-Broke likes this.
  7. yep on the wood.....looks like this one might have had that taken care of....bump up.....

8. clem

clem

and it looks like a ‘32 ford.......