Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Red + Blue + Green + Yellow = Barf

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, May 16, 2019.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It was red long ago, maybe it's trying to tell me something. Still some traces of it.

rt 121.jpg

tiltfront.jpg

tb33anda3rd and Deuces like this.
  2. My granddad used to call things that color. Then I heard it used a lot in the Ozarks when I moved back this way. Makes sense, my granddad was born on the Oregon trail and his family was from Hannibal. LOL

Deuces likes this.
  3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Whatever you do, always remember that you may need to mix more (later on for touch up) material. Usually, just dumping partial cans of paint together is a slippery slope. You can pay now, or pay later, but you're going to pay.

blowby, clem, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAsnortHAHAHAHAHA

Deuces likes this.
  5. I am guessing it was referring to your avatar photo....

rudestude likes this.
  6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hey, mixing paint is NOT like mixing "pure colors". Paint contains many different colors in itself, and theydo not follow the rules for blending to make colors. Pigments react differently than "light". That's why when you mix more than a couple different ones together, you get muddy browns, not the color you think. You might be able to use pure toners to tint your original colors, though, but it's still trial and error.

blowby likes this.
  7. rudestude

rudestude

Oh ...ok that's just some old faded out rattle can ruddy brown primer, and it gets a little pinkish with age... IMG_20171130_225210~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks chopolds. Yeah found that out, luckily just by mixing small amounts (with screwdrivers :)). I called the paint store, they said they can tint it with toners but can't guarantee the results, thinking that I was trying to match some existing paint, which I am not.

As for now, themoose photoshopped my heap in the color of what I have. It's actually a reddish orange. Wasn't keen on it but it's growing on me. Think I'll shoot the tailgate and see how it comes out and go from there. I drive this little pile in traffic around town a lot doing errands, being seen is a good thing.

Thanks for all the replies. And thanks again to themoose!

red.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

"FREE CANDY" on the side