Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical P'dd off...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1Nimrod, May 10, 2019.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^Me too, me too, me too; I've already said I'd help out. That's what being a HAMBER is really all about, helping one another out when needed.^^^^^ I probably have more in the garage/shop, being a small journal guy and all, than I'll ever get around using.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    1Nimrod likes this.
  2. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Costly lesson for me to learn for sure... I'm all done with that shop and parts store that has four letters in it's name. I found another Machine Shop costing me $180 just to have crank turned it looks as if the old shop didn't polish the crank the correct way I can see low spots as if he left belt on that area to long and caused a flat spot that you can see easily on several main and rod journals that's why it turned hard I believe when it was together plus no assembly lube. I'm going to have them check out the 461 heads pressure check them and see what it will cost to put new guides in and screw in studs and check valve's to see if they check out okay. I'm also going to have them ballance lower end and check the block for any other problems that the other shop may have caused, might have to stud main bearing caps not sure if the threads in the two main cap bolt hole's are damaged or ?? Now another year most likely more before I can pay off this shop by monthly payments but I'm thankful they will let me make payments. Thanks again to everyone for advice and the offers to help me get my 327 back together the right way. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the offer's for help from fellow HAMB members but it's just something I have to do on my own, I hope everyone can understand it's just the way I was tought. Thanks again everyone...
    1Nimrod

town sedan and s55mercury66 like this.