Register now to get rid of these ads!

History what car do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by birdman1, May 15, 2019.

1. birdman1

birdman1

I will start it off with my dearly missed 1939 Ford Deluxe coupe. drug it out of a junkyard in Minnesota a few years ago. Bad condition, new floors, quarter panels, etc. I installed a 302 Ford with a toploader, and an 8.8 rear end with 3.73 gears. Nothing rattles, bumps, steers or sounds like atrue old hot-rodded Ford!

Attached Files:

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember your '39, it was a good little car.

My old '34 lives in Germany and is never coming back. I think about it every day.

[​IMG]

My old Merc lives a climate controlled, pampered existence with my uncle in Raleigh. It may make it back home again someday.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

3. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

had a '33 3 window, 302/c4/9"... as I get fatter I miss the 6" longer door that coupe had...

enigma57 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Mmmmmm..... just about any pre '79 but since '65 is the cut off... I will stick with that. But more specific, my '31 Model A hiboy and my '62 Chevy 2.

5. slowmotion

slowmotion

'62 Belair freakin' bubbletop, around '70 I guess. Damn, that's the only one that really haunts me...

6. Deuces

Deuces

Can't say..... Sorry!:oops:

7. I try to miss all of them...
    Some seem to aim at me

8. 2935ford

2935ford

Crazy as it sounds of all the Hot Rods and vintage iron I have had, I miss my plain Jane '59 Ranchero. Paid $500 for it sold it for $700. It was a very comfortable, reliable hauler.

enigma57, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  9. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Off topic but close and most missed....
    My 1972 Monte Carlo. Arrowsmith "Dream On" guitar riff blaring and barking both rear tires in second Gosh I miss it. She was long and black with Ralleys and top hats.....

On topic...
    My '62 Galaxie 500 Tudor Victoria Club Coupe.

10. 1st-53 Stude coupe.2nd-- 57 chev handyman wagon.

11. RMONTY

RMONTY

I had a 73 MC with 60s out back and Hijackers, 70s up front, raised white letters, swivel bucket seats, landau vinyl roof, black on black with Cragar SS "mags" as we called them not knowing better, and Stranglehold and Slow Ride playing endlessly on the 8 track.

enigma57, F-ONE and Deuces like this.
  12. CARS Custom.jpg
    My '30...

enigma57, OahuEli, dan31 and 3 others like this.
  13. I live in Winston Salem, if you ever need me to go check on it just let me know... : )

14. prpmmp

prpmmp

Man!! There are both beautiful!! Pete

enigma57 and Deuces like this.
  15. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I miss this car because it was the best street legal go cart ever[​IMG]and I miss this one because it was the first one I built [​IMG] and I’m sure I’ll miss a few more

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

16. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

My second 55’Chevy Sedan. Actually I consider it my first car. I sometimes feel it is still around my hometown, stuffed in the back of small single 1 car garage. Ha! 52 years..................Dreaming!!!!!!

17. My first, a 40 Standard Tudor.
    No, wait. The 64 Austin Healey 3000.
    Sold it to get a "family" car. Sigh....

18. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I miss the money I sold them for because both The car and the money are long gone.

enigma57, joeycarpunk, dan31 and 9 others like this.
  19. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF0909.JPG See that car on the left coming at you? The Nat Rayburn ARCA Ford Model B Ford powered two man car at the 1940 Worlds Fair Race. I had the remains of it, frame, grille, cowl & tail. Sold it for $250.00, bought it back two years later, sold it again for $250.00! Dumbest car sale ever! I found out what it was years after it went down the road.

Bob

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1510.JPG IMG_0543.JPG probably my 57 factory fuely-had it 39 yrs-sold in 2015-still miss it. It is in a collection back east along with my son's 40 coupe.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My first car bought in 1973 for $500. '66 Caprice, 396, Turbo 400, buckets, console with gauges. First engine rebuild, first brake job, first front end rebuild. First flywheel replacement. First starter rebuilt. First pass down a dragstrip. I learned a lot on this car. 66 Caprice pictures.jpg

23. I missed my 32 Ford coupe the most of all......until I bought it back. Now the one I still miss the most would have to be my 59 Corvette I had to sell in a divorce. But I am looking for another one that I can afford!

24. Hombre

Hombre

55 Sedan Delivery 042 (Small) - Copy.jpg For me there are two I really miss. The first one was a 1931 Ford coupe, I found this old car while on my first leave after my return from Viet Nam. Dug it out of an old dry creek bed in Farmersville, Tx. Loaded it on a trailer and hauled it back to Pendleton were I was stationed. Built that old Ford completely outside with not a lot of tools. Stick welder for the channel job and a few hand tools. Every Marine in my Platoon had his hands on it at one time or another. Over the years that old Ford had 11 different engines in it everything from a Flathead, Nailhead, two Desoto Hemi's, a few SBC and a couple of SBFord's. For many, many years it was my only car I owned it for over 25 years, and then stupid me I let it slip thru my fingers DAMN!!!! I have never posted a picture of that car here on the HAMB because it had a Jag rear end, I won't make an exception for this thread.

The other one was a 1949 Ford F1. Got this truck in a trade and it really meant nothing to me. It had a 351 W and was a huge pain in the ass. Never left my place once that it didn't come home on the Hook ( that's a wrecker for those wondering what the Hook might be) Then one day I decided I had enough of that damn stupid 351 engine so I hunted me up a Hemi. Found a HAMB guy up in Maryland that was trying to sell his Model A roadster with a Desoto Hemi in it. Got a hold of this guy and in the conversation he said it really hated to see the little red Roadster go. So I ask him if he would sell me just the engine and tranny, we struck a deal and I went up there and we pulled that sucker out and into the F1 it went. While I was about half way done with the Hemi swap and feller gives me a call and ask's if I would sell the truck. To tell the truth I was so damned fed up with that miserable little F1 I traded it to him for a 57 Chevy 2 door wagon. I did this with the understanding that I would finish the swap first.

Dude must have called me everyday for three weeks while I finished. Finally one night at 2 AM I finish and pull it out for a quick test drive. No front clip, hood bunged down, no headlights and no exhaust. Did I say it was 2:00 AM? Woke up every coon dog for 5 miles in every direction, never saw so many porch light come on at the same time in my life. After I had gone far enough I pulled it back into the shop. That little ride had shown me one thing and that is for sure and for certain. I "DID NOT" want to trade this great little truck with a Hemi for any 57 chevy and certainly not a damn Wagon. It was now a fire breathing monster with that Hemi.

I however have one big problem. I had told this guy I would trade, I am a man of my word and if you don't do exactly what you say you will then what damn good are you. So I call this guy up and tried my best to talk him out of the trade. I told him about every scratch every bump every wart on that Ford F1. Well the cat wasn't having it so "I" felt I had to go thru with the trade. So off it went DAMN twice!!!

The story of that piece of crap 57 Chevy wagon is a whole nuther deal but I will say that guy I traded with had no integrity at all, I should have kept that truck but I just couldn't. hemi 330 2 (Small).jpg hemi 330 2 (Small).jpg Hemi 345.jpg This is the little roadster I got the Hemi from. Misc Dawg and Brakes 059 (Small).jpg 1949 Ford F1 004 (Small).jpg zzaszzx1 (Small).jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  25. flatford39

flatford39

My 61 Chevy bubble top Impala...I loved driving that car. It was just a 283 with 3 on the on the tree but it was just a really good car.

enigma57, slowmotion and Deuces like this.
  26. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

On topic, 63 Galaxy 2-door hardtop, 406/405 hp 4 speed
    Off topic, 1966 shelby GT-350H, very early car

27. David Chandler

David Chandler

I miss my 64 Fairlane. My first V8. 260, with three on the tree. Yeah it was a four door too, but I still miss it.
    I miss my 52 F1 too. My first flathead V8. My Rambler six doesn't count!

enigma57 and Deuces like this.
  28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I would like another '55 Crown Victoria, just like my old one, less the rust. 390, 3 speed on the floor, or another 400 Firebird.:cool: Our day will come :)

enigma57, OahuEli, ffr1222k and 2 others like this.
  29. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Miss my '46 Studebaker PU, my 1st 'real' hotrod(2 engine swaps : 1st was 292 Y-Block, then .030 over 289). Painted it Earl Schieb "Butterscotch", but everybody called it "Baby poop yellow". I drove it all over the Bay Area, across the country with my 5yr old son to PA & back, met my 2nd wife while driving it, then I let a neighbor kid talk me out it. He wrecked it 6 wks later.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    enigma57, Hombre and Deuces like this.
  30. This one, without question.
    [​IMG]

enigma57, OahuEli, burl and 10 others like this.