Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs A HUGE thankyou to the moose, but not hot rod related.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, May 14, 2019.

1. I apologize in advance that this is not h.a.m.b. friendly, but it is an example of some of the fantastic people on this board, and I will understand if it needs to be deleted. I want to say a giant thankyou to themoose for all the help he gave me and my family! As everyone knows themoose is a genius with Photoshop. My mother passed away 3 yrs ago, and we as a family have been working with a local company that laser etched and engraved tombstones. My father is still alive and very healthy and it was important to us all that we design a stone that encompasses things in life they love (loved).... country scenes, pheasants, and birds in general. The company that was working on the stone design just could NOT get what we were trying to accomplish, and it has been extremely challenging to say the least dealing with them. (We wouldnt have proceeded with them if my father hadn't given them a sizeable deposit). I sent a few rough pictures and ideas to themoose, and he did an amazing job. This stone will represent my parents until the end of time (or the etching wears off). We truly thankyou from the bottom of our hearts for the help.

P.s. the reflection of our legs in the picture doesn't help do justice to the stone. It really is beautiful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I agree with the statement of the fantastic people that make up this board and certainly owe Moose as well (nothing as important as yours but still he saved me a huge amount of labor and money). Thanks for sharing!! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences in your Loss @borderboy1971 and Thumbs Up to @moose and All the Membership in Good Standing...and NO it isn't FB but to some extent there is a Bonding...

4. Beautiful tribute to your Mom.

5. rgdavid

rgdavid

Thats beautiful, well done Moose.

Stogy, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  6. Beautiful. Very glad you were able to get what you wanted for your mom. Fantastic job Moose.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

How cool. Moose has a heart of gold.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  8. @borderb
    It was an honer to be part of designing a the tribute to your Mom. I hope she's looking down with a smile.

9. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I love it when someone with the ability to assist in a time of need stands up and
    unselfishly does just that. Thank you to "borderboy 1971" for sharing his story
    and a nod to Moose.

10. Stand up guy, he is always willing to helping others. :)

[​IMG]

11. belair

belair

Thumbs up to the moose! Way to go.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and themoose like this.
  12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job !

Stogy and themoose like this.
  13. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

What a wonderful thing to do for your Father & Family.
    I cropped it so it can be a screen saver......the legs in the picture make it seem like someone is visiting her at her final resting place. 20190425_093141.jpg

Stogy and AHotRod like this.
  14. I'm not much of a follower regarding religions. If there is a Heaven, I bet it looks a lot like that. Amazing tribute!

Stogy, 51504bat and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Stogy is correct, if isn't FB and there is a bonding. Most of us are old enough to have experienced life's moments, good and bad, in common. The loss of parents or other loved ones is most definitely trying. To be able to reach out to someone like @themoose and get the result you needed makes it special. I have very few close friends but, for the most part, I've found that I can relate to the triumphs and disappointments of those on the HAMB. I've also found that they are willing to help with just about every problem that someone else is having whether it's on topic or not. It's good to know these people.

wraymen, Stogy and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I didn't know anything about Moose till now but he is high on my list now. Upstanding guy.