Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Sure you can. George's track is not all that different from other tracks rules wise. Tyler wants everyone to enjoy themselves so they come back.

2. Bonneville Bob

Bonneville Bob

Hey Racer x, met you a couple times at lunch with Jessie and the guys. Just would like to thank you and Tyler for all the hard work You guys have done to get this drag race to the level it has become! Hope to be there in my red 32 roadster.

3. that's great you will be showing up. what started out as im going to George rays who wants to join me has turned into a big deal. I have been on the phone or computer each night answering calls and pms. tyler and I have no idea how many guys are showing up. we do know its the talk of the surrounding area. the event has really fired up racers that either have raced there or are currently racing there. we keep hearing reports of several cars coming out of hibernation. cars that have not been seen in years. the action will be hot on the track. as extra insentive to win class tyler and I have talked about choosing two class winners to be featured on next years shirt. we ask that everyone be respectful of the limited pit parking. there will be spectator parking across the street. if you have physical limitations that prevent you from a walk let the staff at the gate know. for the racers try to park close. don't take up any more room than you need.

4. chucky1

chucky1

Yep, cook something good for me.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. chucky1

chucky1

You are welcome at George Rays dragstrip anytime.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. chucky1

chucky1

Only a week away from George Rays big race weekend. Looking forward to meeting a lot of people new to the track. Going thru some of my old shots.

Attached Files:

7. chucky1

chucky1

George Rays roadster in the sixties. 20190510_195930.jpg

8. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Got ya covered!

loudbang likes this.
  9. I really enjoyed reading this thread! I grew up in Paragould and spent what some might consider far too many weekends at George Ray's! Unfortunately I only make it back that way for funerals now. Further down the highway there were many a grudge race ran as well. Lots of great memories! Have fun guys!

10. chucky1

chucky1

Tyler, George and me from 15 years or more years ago. We are a week away from Sundays race. If you are in the area, please stop by.

Attached Files:

11. Nothing like procrastinating. I started working on my 55 wagon today. Fired up the 283 for the first time in two years. It started right up. I have already relocated the rear springs in line with the frame. Now I got to get the 9 inch ford rear end put in it. I should get it finished there isn't rain predicted for a couple of days. And the weather liars are predicting good weather next weekend.

loudbang, Nicholas Coe and chucky1 like this.
  12. You can do it.

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

George rays here we come the poison Ivey dodge afx is now running and driving made the first drive tonight it wasn’t far but with no lights on the car I couldn’t go far lol tomorrow I should be able to actually drive it down the road to make sure it will shift through the gears

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Wow. You have been busy. Very cool.

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  15. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

We have a long list. Got a few things crossed off though. Falcon is ready to go. Ford tow rig needs an oil change. Comet needs some welding done on it and test the new trans and trans brake. Open trailer and generator need attention too. Down to the wire as usual

loudbang and chucky1 like this.
  16. Keep going. There is still time. I heading out early Friday morning. I will see you there.

rocketsled59, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  17. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Well things went to shit with the new c4 in the comet. It’s gonna take a miracle for it to make the show. 2500$ trans made it on the trailer , off the trailer for it to come in my shop it wouldn’t pull itself in forward. Burnt clutches. WTF?????? Lookin like falcon will be the only thing we’re bringing

loudbang likes this.
  18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

First burnout in the poison Ivey dodge few things to tidy up and it’s ready for action

19. The KAIT 8 Weather liars have predicted a 10% chance of rain Saturday and 40% Sunday????

loudbang likes this.
  20. They have lied before. So they are really saying a 60 percent chance it wont rain. I'm still going.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  21. Poison ivy sounds bad ass.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

YES!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

classiccarjack and chucky1 like this.
  23. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Got my truck running on sunday, took for a ride and the brakes were soft. Looked into, put a pressure bleeder on it and couldn't get any fluid out of either rear caliper. Started working my way to the m/c, opening each joint, and nothing at any of them with 5 pounds of pressure. Open it up right at master and nothing. Then with pressure still on it I pushed the pedal down and fluid came out. It then bleed like it should pedal hard and everything. picked everything up and was happy, pushed pedal 10 minutes later and nothing, time for a new m/c.

On the up side, the new rear end and 4link launch my truck hard, cant wait to see how it goes.
    Tony

rocketsled59 likes this.
  24. it would be cool if you join me for some fire burnouts. best get it in now before you finish the shiny paint job. plan on using about 3 gallons of gas per burnout. your tastes may vary.

rocketsled59, chucky1 and Gammz like this.
  25. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I am in for sure on that I think it will be awesome also the body guys will love me for spreading a bunch of vaseline all over the primer lol I understand that’s a must do

chucky1 likes this.
  26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Me too the weather clowns have never deterred me yet lol

27. the famous photographer john asher told me when he was shooting fire burnouts the vasoline did two things. it allowed the color of the car to be seen in the photo. the flames played games with the cameras. the other thing is the vasoline would absorb some heat. it would melt and run off the car taking the heat with it. I can believe both reasons for using the vasoline. we used it and it worked perfect. I have video of the vasoline running off the car. no paint was harmed doing the burnout.

28. chucky1

chucky1

Bill Smith is bringing his wheelie 55 out Sunday. He has raced it 48 years at George Rays. 20190514_212035.jpg

29. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Nope. Meltdowns were a soggy ass mess, but we ate good!

Tickety Boo and chucky1 like this.
  30. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

What time will gates be open Friday? We are planning to roll in early to mid afternoon

chucky1 and loudbang like this.