Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Why would someone take a old driveshaft?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybe, just maybe, it was the exact length driveshaft somebody needed to finish their "r@t rod!

2. Deuces

Deuces

You and me both!...:mad::mad::rolleyes:

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

Meth heads will steal anything for a few bucks for a fix

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

It's ok to say nutsack..... That way he can't contaminate the rest of the world.... Damn I miss R. Lee Ermy.... Rest In Peace Sarge!!!!!...:(

5. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

My son's house is 100 feet from the road and he left a tool box along with a cordless Dewalt drill in the bed of his truck. The next day, the tailgate was down and the tool box was gone but not the drill. I guess you can only carry so much when you're walking around the neighborhood. They probably can back the next night looking for it and it wasn't there. His outdoor garage light had burned out so I guess it was his fault.

6. My place of employment is located on the North Side of St.Louis. People steal shit around here left and right. A couple of months ago, one of our guys was changing batteries on a truck out in the street in front of our shop, he ran inside for 2 minutes to grab another tool, and within those 2 minutes some POS stopped in a car and swiped the 3 core batteries. I pity the piece of shit that gets caught stealing something around here. It does absolutely no good in St. Louis to call the cops for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. I say bring back public flogging. It would be a 24/7 event around here with all the dopers.

8. fordflambe

fordflambe

True story.........

Buddy of mine sells pick-ups. One day a customer wanted to test drive one. Truck wouldn't move when put in gear. Someone stole the driveshaft............but then again, at least this thief knew what it fit.

We live in a crazy world now.

9. topher5150

topher5150

The place that I work at is right across the street from the metal recycler, and in the heart of the hood. They've caught countless people climbing in the scrap bins trying to steel metal. One guy had his battery pulled from under his hood, another kid had his catalytic converter stolen in the parking lot.

10. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Danny,
    When I was working at the rural Fire Station. This concerned citizen shows up in the parking lot blowing their horn. ( It was common for calls to come in this way....some really serious.) I investigate and this person was reporting a "Crime".

Back about 1900 the L&N built a turn around Y that serviced the coal mine's bee hive coke ovens. The mine closed in the 50s. The tracks were took up in the 80s. Since a road went through this RR Y, portions of the RR track were left. There were still potions of track poking out on each side of the road.

The crime reported to me was a guy with hacksaw was trying to steal rail road track.o_O I told the citizen "Thanks, I will get right on it.":rolleyes:
    Can you imagine trying to cut through a RR track half buried in pavement, gravel and dirt with just a hand held hack saw?

These jokers will steal anything, even stuff buried and paved over.

11. topher5150

topher5150

The street that we used to live in, about once or twice a summer, a bunch of cars would get their windows smashed in they didn't take any of the tools, or golf clubs they'd just clean out the ashtray for the two or three dollars worth of change.

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

They aren't totally STUPID, why steal a used power tool when you can have brand new.
    At my local Lowes store I witnessed it twice, about two months apart, 8:00 at night, while I was paying for my items a man and woman (both times) went hauling ass past the checkout register carrying LARGE Dewalt power tools. It is only a quarter mile to the interstate and I'm sure they were ten miles away by the time the police showed up.

13. Deuces

Deuces

Fuckin' drug addicts.... :mad:

14. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

It's a problem everywhere. We were talking at work about these kind of lowlifes who do this. When I was growing up if you got caught doing this kind of stuff and the owner kicked the crap out of you, you had it coming. Those consequences kept you from doing something stupid but now YOU get charged with assault when you try to defend what's yours.

Alaska Jim, Hnstray, lumpy 63 and 5 others like this.
  15. You gotta admit, he was determined! HRP

3W JOHN, OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.
  16. The "new guy" at work left our scrap bin outside overnight by mistake, next morning all the big stuff (heavy section RHS, air-con units, etc) was gone. He asked, "Who would take that junk?" -Yes, your right, Junkies!
    A local meth head got caught when she turned up in a TAXI at the scrap yard, with a trunk full of copper tube!

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. If he had more hands he would have taken more.

18. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"The crime reported to me was a guy with hacksaw was trying to steal rail road track"

Probably someone wanted to make a poor man's anvil, and figured since the track had been left out for a hundred years it was up for grabs.

Around here it's not so bad, I installed copper downspouts on my house and they are still there ten years later.

19. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit! I been lookin fer one a them. That A-hole beat me to it!

20. A Boner

A Boner

Weird, I would have snagged the wheels!

21. j3harleys

j3harleys

That would be me.:)

22. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I hope we don't have a rash of driveshaft thieves.

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I needed one to cut down for her 32 pick-up.

24. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

That's probably why in some countries they cut your hand off for stealing.

25. Roadsir

Roadsir

I bet it was a tweaker that thought it was a catalytic converter.

26. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

That's probably all the 30 year old tweaker could manage to carry as he pedaled away on a girls bmx bike. Dont try to make sense out of it. Zen level II shit..

27. John, you ain't right! :rolleyes: HRP

lothiandon1940, Deuces and 3W JOHN like this.
  28. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Cause I needed it!

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Probably threw it through a window. Check the police log.

30. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Stealing is "Traditional" in some areas!
    They were just trying to fit in.
    KK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.