Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many comet dudes here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cometwagon, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Had a 62 comet which was AMAZIN... Drove her for 5 years as my daily driver... Will post pics later...
    She was my YOUTH!!!
    xoxox
    PV

2. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

3. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

here our mine too, a 64 wagon 404 under construction and the 65 cyclone is my very first car, I had in the Army back in the 1980, and still have sold it once and got it back 10 years later.

Attached Files:

4. ol boy

ol boy
    from Tucson, Az

I'd like to pick up a comet to add to the falcon collection I've started. It just make me chuckle to se people using stangs for parts when doing up grades to falcon/comets. I don't think anybody would of thought of scrapping a stang to fix up a another car 5 years ago.

5. atch

atch

i'd love to have a '65 cyclone; high performance 289; 4-speed; buckets; console; black/black/black; chrome wheels w/ baby moons (or 5-spoke americans; polished or not).

but alas, i have discovered that i can not have everything i'd like to have.

6. My wife an an old one that her father did for her back in '75, had a 302 and C4. Kept it til 1992. It was a goin' little car and wish at times we still had it, ah: memories! (Although I remember it eating brake switches regularly.)

7. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Im usually on here because of my 50 Chevy but last night I got a call from a friend who wanted to know if I would be interested in an old car for cheap...of course I said!...turns out its a 4 door 63 Comet and it has been in climate control storage for 22 years and only has 26k orig. miles on it! I bought it right there for 3k. It looks on the inside like no one has ever even sat in it! Even had plastic on the seats and blankets on the dash! The exterior is white and the interior is red and black..flauless!!!!!!! I hope I got a good deal cause It drives like a dream and only has a tiny bit of surface rust on the paint due to a tarp that was on it Im sure. This car is sweet but Im probably going to sell it next year to help my chevy get better. Ill put up some pics as soon as I gettem.

8. Here's my 61 Comet under the plum tree. I'm gonna get it going this summer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  9. improbcat

improbcat

What is that grille kurt? Looks like a falcon grille w/ the inboard Comet headlights removed.

10. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

i have a 62 comet S-22 bucket seat 2 door , 170,6 cylinder, auto. .........its a neat car........cadillac dave

11. Cshabang

Cshabang

I got a 65 Caliente...14 to 1 compression 289...runs pretty hard...and today. literally, I sold my 61...hes on his way to come get it....gonna miss that thing....haha

the hood is now flat black until I finish it...

Attached Files:

12. Yeah, that's a 60 Falcon grill. The car came with a tweaked grill. I bought some Edsel grill parts since the Comet was going to be an Edsel. Then I saw a model kit on ebay that had a Falcon front end and grill, and I had a spare so... Plus, I don't care for the 4 eyes.

Thanks,
    Kurt

Attached Files:

13. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

I am looking for a 64 comet wagon as a parts car any help

I am in California, I have one now I drive it everyday to work and cruise, but looking a rolling wagon

14. Radshit

Radshit

My 65 Cyclone...now belongs to a friend of mine...so it's still in the "family"...

Attached Files:

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

This Comet isn't the right "era",.... sooooooo i might catch some crap for this. I bought this car for the engine in it,.. it had what was advertised as a 390 FE engine,... ( the car should have a 302/C-4 in it ) I checked the # on the block, Heads and intake,.... it's a 428 CJ !,... anyway I look up the production numbers on this car and they only made a total of like 1,531 of all the 67 Comet Converts put together,... so now it's taking up space in the Garage,....... real decent sheet metal but needs work underneath,........
    ain't sure if I should keep it or broom it after I pull the engine.

[​IMG]
    I guess I really should broom it,...........

16. rstysht

rstysht
    BANNED

I have a 62 2dr post,original & a 65' 202 2dr post,I have most of the parts to build a gasser style car out of the 65',I have a 9" 4.11 geared rearend,a toploader 4 speed,a 302 shortblock w/351 cleveland heads & a boss 302 intake manifold.I also have a straight axel setup for the front.Both cars are for sale as I have to many projects.

17. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

nice comet

:eek:

18. MidnightTrain

MidnightTrain
    from North Ga

i'm trying real hard to buy this '62 more door as soon as i sell another "unmeantionable" car,haha

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

How well does that intake set-up work? Alwauys looked suspicious to me... couldn't you drill the manifold and braze in some flanges at the ends of the manifold? I always wondered what the 6-bangers would be like with a port EFI system...

20. projim64

projim64

I have 5 64 Comets right now and looking for more.

Attached Files:

21. pinhead59

pinhead59

my buddy's a total merc nut here's his 62 and 65

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

nice ones Jim, I have 3 now, 65 Cyclone, 64 404 wagon, 64 caliente, to cool see more.

23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Some of the GMB's are real flamers.....

24. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

??????

25. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

There was a '65 Cyclone that resides in my formative years memories. I was in 7th or 8th grade (probably around '66-'67) waiting for the school bus each morning. The next block over you could hear this poor black Cyclone being kicked to life- solid lifters,headers. Probably as soon as there was any oil pressure, it was on the road. Came around the corner, black with a perfect '60s stance, chirping the tires as he went through the gears, past the bus stop and gone 'til the next day. I re-play it a lot!

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Comets are balls of flaming matter.....ok bad joke. Nevermind.

27. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

I have a 64 Falcon that we just put 1/2 of a 63 Comet into. The 260 engine, 2 spd tranny, front brakes, driveshaft, and rear end.

28. 65 caliente vert for sale !

29. cometwagon

cometwagon
    from California

I have a 64 comet wagon 404, with a 302 for sale, asking 2,300 for it, just need some floor pans, and your on your way, I drive it everyday, then I drive the other comet to work and back home.

so if your looking for a 64 comet wagon let me know

JC from Ceres, CA

30. Warren Cyclone

Warren Cyclone

I have a 66 cyclone gt 390 auto. factory in dash air. California car with no rust, Repainted it now pulling engine and detailing under the hood. Hope to have done by the end of april.

Attached Files: