Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mother's Day...... Perspective

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INVISIBLEKID, May 12, 2019.

1. So I know A LOT of us here are without MOM. If you still are able to tell her you Love Her= Bonus points for you....... Another year, Memories, Feelings....... Yep- WE all got them.
    Was just going through the motions, and thought- What did MOM think about me being a "car guy"?.....
    She watched me grow...... Shook her head at times, thought I was nuts, thought I was a hoodlum! LOL . As things got a lil worse, and towards the end of her life, which was totally unexpected, but knew things were happening, She ask's= Did you have a good night last night?
    Me= Ya MOM, I did.
    Her= Did you race?
    Me= Ya MOM, I did.
    Her= Did you win?
    Me= dumbfounded......... Ya Mom. I went two outta three. But I got beat by a way faster car.
    Her= Keep trying!
    Even though she didn't condone what I was doing, she still encouraged me to be better......
    Although my day's on the street are over for now, It still and will always make me think of coming home with the report.........
    I know you guy's gotta relate somehow....... Enjoy your day.

2. Picked Mom up for Mothers Day Dinner out 2015. Can't do it anymore...

IMG_4544.JPG

3. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I lost my Mom in 1972, still feels like yesterday....life goes on.

OG lil E, lumpy 63, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  4. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

I can relate, after reading this I came to the conclusion your mother and mine were very much alike.
    I have always been a car gal, my daddy and my granddaddy both taught me to love cars. My daddy said if I was going to drive I needed to know how to take care of my car, but it was Danny that showed me the love of speed. Running through the gears and watching the speedometer hit 100 was better than any drug for lifting the spirit and calming the nerves.
    My junior year in high school I had classes with a girl who just kept bragging about her "guys" 55 chevy, and how he was teaching her to drive it. It was a nice car and it had some serious power, but it was not that special, but she just keep on, and on, and on.... She drove it to school one morning and she just pushed my last button. I told her my "guys" car was faster, it also had some serious power.
    At lunch that day I left school and took my mustang to Danny ( he was at work) and I drove the falcon back to school. I could have probably beat her in my car but it wouldn't have had the same effect. I pulled through the parking lot and back down on to the main road in front of the school. She saw me and followed me. We lined up and she missed a gear. POOR BABY she wanted best 2 out of 3. We lined up again and I took her by over 2 car lengths. That conversation was over.
    We pulled back into the parking lot and went on to class. ten minutes or so and we were called to the office. Highway Patrol Officer was there. He said he knew it was us but he did not witness it so he couldn't do anything but he would be watching us real close from then on.
    Before I got the car back to Danny he already new what had happened. He tried to be mad but the truth was he was both proud and impressed that had learned how to handle the car and mouthy females.
    When I got home Mama was waiting on me. The school had called. She had 2 questions,"are you going to pull a stunt like that again, and do I need to tell your daddy?" No Ma'am! As I turned to walked away she asked if I out ran her? Yes Ma'am! I still love the feeling of seeing a speedometer peg out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2019

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2073.JPG Our mothers are not with us but will not stop us from visiting.

6. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

I can remember coming home at some ungodly hour and my mom was listening to her police scanner. She would give me the rundown on where I had been that night.
    Then she would thank me for not getting caught.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Deuces

Deuces

We took my Mom out for breakfast this morning and told her that I loved her....
    Even though she's still pissed off at me for buying that new GT/CS... Whatever makes you happy Son...;):)

8. My first tickets were on my motorcycle - something my mom wasn't too happy with - it could have been the end right there - but she got the ticket notice in the mail first - and went down with me when I was 14 before I even had a license ! You will always rock mom......and be riding with me always....in one form or another ! 20190402_151744_1554386705374_001 (1).jpg IMG_20190404_144519_264.jpg

OG lil E, Deuces, Texas Webb and 3 others like this.
  9. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Our "go kart" was a '39 Crosley chassis .
    This photo says it all . . .
    Mom taking her turn !
    She was the best !

mataro 2 1962.jpg

OG lil E, Deuces, Montana1 and 11 others like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We took Mom out for Dinner today she's circa 1937 so been through a lot...including raising me and 2 others...:D

Last year I took her out for a 20 minute Country drive in the Ole Hot Rod...she had minimal exposure to these types of vehicles...mind you being middle class back in the day exposed her to many used cars. One which Her Mother had happened to be perhaps a 30's, 40' Hearse...no pics however. Her Brother had a 50 Merc but not a Custom however...but it looked pretty cool with him sporting a Ducktail and Leather Jacket...

So hope everyone had an okay day whether your Mothers are with you or in Spirit.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  11. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

My Mom doesn't really understand my Hot Rod fixation , she tolerates it and likes looking at my old cars . One story I remember well was back around 1983...I was hauling ass down the street on my 750 Honda when a cop going down the street in the opposite direction spotted me, of course he whipped a u turn and the chase was on...I hauled ass up my street which was a dead end well ahead of the cops... My folks were in the front yard gardening . My parents house is split level with a one car garage door with a small standard door next to it...I come hauling ass up the street slam on the brake's shimmy through the little door and slam it shut...The cops fly by the house and go to the dead end..After several minutes they cruise slowly down the street ...I come out of the garage and my Mom is screaming at me, and my Dad is pissing himself LAUGHING!:D

12. Deuces

Deuces

13. RMONTY

RMONTY

I dont have a picture of the car, but I rode home from the hospital in Mom's arms in her brand new 1960 Austin Healey 3000. She wasnt allowed to drive just yet. She bought a 1966 Black on Black Mustang convert and had that until I was 12 or 13 years old. She loved her cars.

INVISIBLEKID likes this.